Kab's big thread of builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-17-2010

I updated Mordekaiser and tried updating Cho'Gath, but I just didn't feel like The Mother****ing Cho'Gath when I did, so I'll be keeping him pretty much the same.

Sivir is next.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-17-2010

Sivir is updated, working on Sion.. but I don't own him so some tips would be really helpful guys and gals?

cy4n1ze

Recruiter

09-18-2010

Morning bump.

peyo

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabb View Post
Harrdy harr harr

I agree with you, he does not need mana regen. And if you would be so kind as to point out which skill builds in particular are bad? I'd love to improve my list further.
Amumu, Q at lvl 4 is too late, unless you're jungling
Cho'Gath, imo he's all wrong... tanky AP Cho > tank Cho... also, dropping Feral Scream cuz 'MFing Cho doesn't scream' is terribad, it's the longest silence in game, why would you ever want to leave it?
Corki, W at level 2? it's for escaping/chasing, you shouldn't be needing it THAT early. Level 4 is fine. Also Q vs E is situational - AP vs AD.
Garen, W > Q, silence duration doesn't change from level 1 and you won't have time to keep farming when you're 18 and team fights start.
Kassadin, I usually get W by level 8 or 10 to keep my Force Pulse up. You don't need it before. Also, getting E over 2nd level of R makes you get your full burst by level 11 or 12 (depending on if you took W or not)
Malzahar, W over E? E is your main farming skill, also makes your voidling attack the target infected with it. W is fine late game, where people got lots of HP, early on it's a bit useless (you can get 1 point by level 4, 8 or 10)
Yi, for AP it's W > E, and for AD early W is useless
Nasus, W >>>> Q. It's the best slow in game and Q has only decreased cooldown. Start with Q, get W at lvl2, then max E > W > Q...
Nidalee, starting with W is useless. It's either E or Q (usually E) and also E is usually maxed before Q (or atleast taken to lvl3, before levelin up Q beyond lvl1)
Nunu, start with Q only if you're jungling. Otherwise, E > Q by far.
Olaf, you should have your Q earlier
Poppy, W vs E is not so obvious... W grants you armor, damage and mobility to land perfect E.
Shaco, W at level 1 only if you're doing Golem/Lizard (which you should), Q at level 2 so that u can get a kill, after you're done with getting buff. Also, W's fear is awsome early
Singed, Q > E
Sion, for AP R > Q > W > E, for AD R > E > Q > W
Sivir, 1 point in W is quite useless :P
Soraka, wait, wut? DPS soraka?
Teemo, E>W
Xin, start with Q, then E, then max R > W > Q> E

also, for tanks you should only suggest a section of items to choose between, cuz tanks can NOT ever have set build. They have to build situational items, that counter enemy team.

cy4n1ze

Recruiter

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
Amumu, Q at lvl 4 is too late, unless you're jungling
Cho'Gath, imo he's all wrong... tanky AP Cho > tank Cho... also, dropping Feral Scream cuz 'MFing Cho doesn't scream' is terribad, it's the longest silence in game, why would you ever want to leave it?
Corki, W at level 2? it's for escaping/chasing, you shouldn't be needing it THAT early. Level 4 is fine. Also Q vs E is situational - AP vs AD.
Garen, W > Q, silence duration doesn't change from level 1 and you won't have time to keep farming when you're 18 and team fights start.
Kassadin, I usually get W by level 8 or 10 to keep my Force Pulse up. You don't need it before. Also, getting E over 2nd level of R makes you get your full burst by level 11 or 12 (depending on if you took W or not)
Malzahar, W over E? E is your main farming skill, also makes your voidling attack the target infected with it. W is fine late game, where people got lots of HP, early on it's a bit useless (you can get 1 point by level 4, 8 or 10)
Yi, for AP it's W > E, and for AD early W is useless
Nasus, W >>>> Q. It's the best slow in game and Q has only decreased cooldown. Start with Q, get W at lvl2, then max E > W > Q...
Nidalee, starting with W is useless. It's either E or Q (usually E) and also E is usually maxed before Q (or atleast taken to lvl3, before levelin up Q beyond lvl1)
Nunu, start with Q only if you're jungling. Otherwise, E > Q by far.
Olaf, you should have your Q earlier
Poppy, W vs E is not so obvious... W grants you armor, damage and mobility to land perfect E.
Shaco, W at level 1 only if you're doing Golem/Lizard (which you should), Q at level 2 so that u can get a kill, after you're done with getting buff. Also, W's fear is awsome early
Singed, Q > E
Sion, for AP R > Q > W > E, for AD R > E > Q > W
Sivir, 1 point in W is quite useless :P
Soraka, wait, wut? DPS soraka?
Teemo, E>W
Xin, start with Q, then E, then max R > W > Q> E

also, for tanks you should only suggest a section of items to choose between, cuz tanks can NOT ever have set build. They have to build situational items, that counter enemy team.
Wow, thanks a lot for taking the time to write this up, I appreciate it. Lets go through the list now.

I assume Amumu will be jungling, yes. And I have a mild perfection complex so I can't type out a secondary skill build for him and not all the others. (Seriously, I will loose sleep if I do.) But I will add that this is assuming he is indeed jungling.

The Mother****ing Cho'Gath does not need to silence his feeble enemies, he's the Mother****ing Cho'Gath.

I am quite confident in my Corki build since he is my main physical damage champion and I can't tell you how many times I've gotten FB because I got an early Valkyrie.

As for Garen, it's a judgement call. He has an amazing early game and I get his offensive abilities as early to abuse that early game as much as I can, thanks for the suggestion but I'm gonna keep it the way it is.

Kassadin is not someone I play regulary so I'll take your word for it.

Malzahar - Whoopsie, that's a typo. Fixed it.

I would hardly call W useless, even for AD Yi. If you're jungling it's great to keep your health up and if you're laning it pretty much gives you a solid defense vs. people killing you and also it keeps your health up.

Nasus, Well it only increases the slow by 3% per level from the 35% base slow and only applies that slow after a second of the duration of the slow. While levelling Q helps you last hit more efficiently which you really need to do with Nasus.

Nidalee, I stick by getting W first, although maxing Q first is probably a bad idea, I still do it out of my scrubbiness I suppose.

Nunu, fixed to clarify that you should only get Q if jungling.

Olaf, if you're jungling you won't go gank before you're level 4 and if you're laning it's not much use at all.

Poppy, I really do prefer it the way it is for a myriad of reasons.

Shaco, noted and fixed.

Singed, I stick by it, E does pretty amazing damage early on, especially if you max it first while Q is very situational.

Sion, that was a typo, thanks for pointing that out. And since my build is AP I think people will note that the skill build is probably for AP aswell.

Sivir, typo again, thanks.

Soraka, waaay outdated.

Teemo, not much of a scout if he's walking at 320 movement speed now is he. >: (

As for typing out the tank builds like this, well, I do try to make every option available, but everything I write anywhere in the build is usually okay to use at any time even though you're not at that particular item.

Again, thanks for taking the time to point all this out to me, I really appreciate it and got to fix a lot of things.

Carados

09-18-2010

Quote:
I updated Mordekaiser.
It's still ****ing terrible.

You have no concept of how any champion works, do you?

Every ****ing build in this thread is terrible.

It may
work for you, that doensn't make it good. You're only serving to mislead players who read your thread, thinking they are getting good advice.

And learn how to quote so your posts are actually readable.

cy4n1ze

Recruiter

09-18-2010

Then what doth thee suggest ooh wise lord?

CrazyBolas

09-18-2010

I notice Warwick is missing from your build list. I would suggest the following:

R > Q > E > W (put one point in W at level 1 or 2)

Smite + Flash

16-0-14 for masteries

attack speed & armor pen for runes

Long Sword + hp pot
Madred's Razor
Boots of Speed
Madred's Bloodrazor
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Aura / Guardian Angel
Aegis of the Legion (if nobody else on your team is making it) / Guardian Angel / Banshee's Aura
Frozen Mallet
Bloodthirster

CrazyBolas

09-18-2010

Quote:
Thanks for the helpful tips, I put Vamp Scept right after his core items and threw Hextech in there along with a Negatron cloak and Quicksilver.

Could you also recommend a skill build for him by any chance? I've only really played Jax once or twice so I don't trust my knowledge about it.
For Jax

Ignite + Ghost for summoner spells seems to work about the best.

For masteries, the critical thing to get is the dodge in the defensive tree. Additional move speed upon successful dodge. Good options are 21-9-0 or 0-22-8.

For skills, R > Q > W > E (put one point into E at level 2).

For runes, you might be tempted to go for dodge quints, but don't. You are better off with flat hp quints, he's too squishy at the start.

Reds: Armor pen
Yellows: Dodge
Blues: Cool down reduction
Quints: Flat hp

Carados

09-18-2010

Quote:
Then what doth thee suggest ooh wise lord?
Stop building him as a tank, as he is never able to fill that role?

Basic League of Legends knowledge?

You're also building Phage on both Olaf and Xin Zhao, which means you've either never actually played the champions or haven't read their skills. You're wasting early game potential for an item on two characters who already have AoE permaslows.

AD Nidalee. Warmogs on Cho'Gath. Sunfire Cape before Randuin's Omen Garen.

It seems to me most of these builds are popular and not good. If people wanted to get popular builds, they could get them from other sources, and much more reliably. Sit down and think about them for a few seconds. Why would you build Mordekaiser as a tank? Why would you build AD Nidalee? Why would you rush Frozen Mallet on Olaf?