Kab's big thread of builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reaver99

Senior Member

09-15-2010

Any love for Singed? Merc treads/swiftness, Rod of Ages, Force of Nature...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

09-15-2010

The really terrible builds, since you were asking, are Cho'Gath, Garen, Mordekaiser, Nidalee, Poppy, Olaf, and Xin Zhao. Quite a few of them are bad, those are just terrible.

Another thing is learn how to spell before writing a guide.

And generally you are extremely undervaluing Rylais.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
The really terrible builds, since you were asking, are Cho'Gath, Garen, Mordekaiser, Nidalee, Poppy, Olaf, and Xin Zhao. Quite a few of them are bad, those are just terrible.

Another thing is learn how to spell before writing a guide.

And generally you are extremely undervaluing Rylais.
Actually, I asked for feedback.

Uhm.. why?

I think I have Rylai's as an option on 17 champions.. but it's rarely a core item for any champion.

(Ps.I noticed you build Youmuu's on Xin, it's active doesn't proc on him by the way.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reaver99

Senior Member

09-16-2010

You have way too many snowball items. In general you should have a good reason before getting one (eg Janna gets tons of assists and is hard to kill), don't just throw it on because more AP = better. Sword of the Occult is even more situational. Never get it on Akali.

I don't play that many champions but here's what stood out when I looked it over:
Get rid of SotO as said before. Also Akali is squishy enough that if you're going to play her, it's worth setting your runes up for a Doran's Blade start. Cho needs armor/MR first, Warmog's much later if at all. Don't get Deathfire on Eve, rush Rylai's. For Kayle, replace Mejai's and Trinity with IE/LW, and mention elixirs. Build magic pen on Mord, don't get Warmog's. I don't know what's going on with that Nidalee build, but AP is better. Rush Banshee's Veil on Nunu. Sivir needs Manamune. Urgot needs Manamune. Xin should go Sword of the Divine, Ghostblade, Brutalizer.

You should probably also find/replace Mejaji in your post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
after reading carados's comments, i went back and read more of those in detail. i agree that a large portion are bad for one reason or another, while others were "not optimal". normally i'd suggest that masteries and runes should be added to the builds, but most of them aren't worth expanding on. it's also concerning that you're posting item builds for champions that you don't even know how to skill...

and i'd add that generally, you are extremely undervaluing penetration.
Want to mention a few examples by any chance?

And I assure you, I never undervalue, penetration.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaver99 View Post
You have way too many snowball items. In general you should have a good reason before getting one (eg Janna gets tons of assists and is hard to kill), don't just throw it on because more AP = better. Sword of the Occult is even more situational. Never get it on Akali.

I don't play that many champions but here's what stood out when I looked it over:
Get rid of SotO as said before. Also Akali is squishy enough that if you're going to play her, it's worth setting your runes up for a Doran's Blade start. Cho needs armor/MR first, Warmog's much later if at all. Don't get Deathfire on Eve, rush Rylai's. For Kayle, replace Mejai's and Trinity with IE/LW, and mention elixirs. Build magic pen on Mord, don't get Warmog's. I don't know what's going on with that Nidalee build, but AP is better. Rush Banshee's Veil on Nunu. Sivir needs Manamune. Urgot needs Manamune. Xin should go Sword of the Divine, Ghostblade, Brutalizer.

You should probably also find/replace Mejaji in your post.
Now there's a post worth replying to!

Lets start at the start then, I like snowballing items and they always come in handy, especially when I'm loosing. And I just played a game with Akali and didn't get SOTO, to begin with I felt crippled in the beginning due to not having the spell vamp I get from Long Sword (And I know that can be remedied with runes/masteries but I don't have either) So I'm afraid I quite like SOTO on Akali.

I don't put much emphaphize on my Cho build being good, I use him mainly for fun since he's really just a joke as a tank and I'd rather play most others before him. But you know what, I'll look into him tomorrow and see if I feel like I should change something. I kinda like Deathfire on Eve, you stun with Q, throw Deathfire and then ravage BAM most of their health gone and I don't really like Rylai's all that much on her, she's hardly ever going to be chasing someone for long enough for it to be effective, and even then it only gets a 15% slow from her Q.

I disagree with you on Kayle, at every point. A lot of people commented about me getting Mejaji's on her when I used to main her but when I saved them with a 400-500 heal, they didn't complain, not to mention AP scales with 4 out of 5 of her abilities. I do get elixirs of course but I left them out of this since they are really situational. I'll also go through my Mord build, I don't like his or Cho's right now, but trying to type out builds like this for tanks is extremely difficult as I'm sure you can imagine.

My Nidalee build works perfectly for me, but I'll go through it yet again just for you!

I don't want to rush Banshee's on Nunu, if he won't have any damage he's useless. And besides, you don't really need it early game. Manamune is probably great on Sivir, I agree with that much and I'll see about throwing it in there, I've yet to update the list with the new item. Urgot does not need Manamune in my opinion and I think Xin should be built a bit more tanky than what you propose, and neither does Youmuu's active proc on him.

Thanks for the feedback, you helped a lot. Keep it coming by all means.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-16-2010

Ps. I added a Singed build, updated my Gangplank build and am working on a Sion build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-16-2010

Very nice thread, so useful to have this information quick and easy in one place when you're trying out new heroes (as I am at the moment).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBolas View Post
Very nice thread, so useful to have this information quick and easy in one place when you're trying out new heroes (as I am at the moment).
There are much better sources that don't encourage you to build Warmogs on Mordekaiser.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabb View Post
Jax build - (I have no idea... help would be appreciated here?)

+Doran's Shield
+Boots of Speed
+Guinsoo's Rageblade
+Ninja Tabi
+Frozen Mallet
+Atma's Impaler
+Trinity Force
-Doran's Shield
+Banshee's Veil/Gurdian Angel
Jax is pretty tough to build. You've got the first item right, though. Doran's Shield. If you go for Vampiric Scepter or Cloth Armor or Boots of Speed with some hp pots, you don't have enough healing to stay in lane very long vs ranged harassers like Miss Fortune.

Boots of speed are good too. Frequently you do need to get an earlier vampiric scepter because that allows you to pick off some jungle mobs for buffs and so on.

Guinsoo's Rageblade is fine, same with Frozen Mallet and Trinity Force. Another good item for Jax is Hextech Gunblade, but that tends to be pretty expensive to build. You can get Stark's if nobody else on your team is going for it, the aura helps the team.

Generally Jax suffers from not enough magic resistance (your boots won't be Merc Treads, after all), so you almost always have to build some kind of magic resist item early on. If the enemy has five mana users (especially 3 or so with small mana pools) then Wit's End can be a good item on Jax, to pump up your mana. Another situationally good item on Jax is the Quicksilver Sash, also primarily for the magic resist. You can get the Negatron Cloak and then wait to upgrade until late game when you need the debuff removing effect.

I would probably drop the Atma's Impaler and put a Hextech Gunblade in the build instead.