Runes for Lulu in TT.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uncle Jellyfish

07-26-2012

I have amassed a decent amount of IP, and was thinking about getting some new runes for Lulu. I pretty much only play her, and I have some basic caster runes, but I was wondering if there would be something better for her that I could use.

Current Runes:
9x Flat Magic Pen Red
9x mp5/lvl Yellow
9x Flat CDR Blue
3x Flat HP Quint (Had these way before the nerf)

My Usual Build (if at all relevant):
Ring
Boots, potions, wards
Chalice (or parts), more wards
Situational items (usually finish Grail first)

So, anyone have any thoughts on what runes I should use and reasons I should use them over what I have now?

EDIT: Drive by downvoters...I will never understand you. Also, assume I know all there is to know about Lulu and that I am 1400~1800 elo. I want reasons of why I should use the suggested runes, not just a suggestion without merit.

Billenstein

07-27-2012

I've found that if you want to play a support on TT, then you need some farm for items, as the normal 0cs support with gp/5 and standard support items build tends to fare horribly against the tanky dps that run rampant on this map.

As such Lulu probably needs at minimum a rod of ages, and perhaps some other tanky/ap items.

I would replace the quints with move speed or ap myself.

When I do play a support on TT, it's usually Nunu, and he's played more like a mage/cc machine in a kill lane. I'll have to try lulu sometime, as she's pretty fun too.

Uncle Jellyfish

07-27-2012

If you check my match history, I've only been playing Lulu in TT for the past 10 games (and past few weeks), so I'm well aware of how to play supports in TT. Even before I started maining her, I played TT exclusively, so I'm quite familiar with it.

As for RoA, it's great for giving me a bit of HP and MP, but I need the sustain more than the lump of mana, which is why I usually go for Chalice/Grail.

Move speed quints were my most likely candidate to replace my Flat HP. Are there any other runes that would be worth switching out? With my masteries and Flat CDR Blues, I hit just over 30% CDR with just my Grail, and almost always go for DFG at some point to cap it.

hotfire

07-28-2012

I'd reccomend armor yellows. She's kinda squishy by default, and with some defense you can duel most people pretty well.

I use half Ap and half MR blues. Can get Cd with reverie or other stuff.

I use GP10 quints or AP if i'm not supporting

edit: I'm also partial to 3 or 4 AS reds. U know. Just cause

Uncle Jellyfish

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittinhotfire View Post
I'd reccomend armor yellows. She's kinda squishy by default, and with some defense you can duel most people pretty well.

I use half Ap and half MR blues. Can get Cd with reverie or other stuff.

I use GP10 quints or AP if i'm not supporting

edit: I'm also partial to 3 or 4 AS reds. U know. Just cause
The main problem I see here is that I don't need the armor. I face more magic damage early game than I do physical damage (since most skills are magic damage). Also, I would never build regular support items in TT. Aegis, Reverie, etc. (excluding WotA, I buy that later) have greatly diminished effects in TT because they only benefit three people, instead of five, which greatly reduces the cost to benefit ratio.

As for GP10 runes, I don't need those either, as I do not player her as 0cs (which doesn't work well in TT, anyways). I build her suppordle early on, then more AP as the game progresses, which allows me to suppordle much more (Lulu is like Karma, she supports better when she has AP) as well as be a decent damage source. If I don't build damage, I gimp my team's total damage output, even if I can keep them alive in fights (which is harder without the AP).