Does riven do decent damage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

07-26-2012

I cant seem to do decent damage with her, I tried all ad runes thats **** and armor pen dosen't make a difference. whats the trick o.O?

Rykaal

07-26-2012

Riven is like this, Either your pro with her or not, she takes tons of practice to get good with from what I see. no clue directly cause I don't play her. but every Riven player I see is either beyond pro quality, or just garbage. You can't be decent with her. its one way or the other.

BattleBootyRiven

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaal View Post
Riven is like this, Either your pro with her or not, she takes tons of practice to get good with from what I see. no clue directly cause I don't play her. but every Riven player I see is either beyond pro quality, or just garbage. You can't be decent with her. its one way or the other.
its not getting good with her its how to get her to hurt people I could never do decent damage lol...

Sexual Healing

07-26-2012

USE HER PASSIVE. SHE HAS THE STRONGEST LEVEL 1 DAMAGE IN THE GAME.

It's like mini sheen procs all the time.

Also, with early kills comes building more dmg and some sustain items.

Nishaven90

07-26-2012

Autoattack between abilities, Riven has some of the highest damage early in the game.

Her damage like most bruisers does fall off late game.

R0ACH

07-27-2012

Riven's abilities charge her blade, causing her to do 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 15 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage) bonus physical damage on her next autoattack. Riven can store up to 3 charges, and will only expend one at a time.

1) With Riven you have to attack between abilities to utilize the passive.
2) You have to use mobility and timing/spacing of skills to ensure you get as many auto attacks as you can. For example, use your 3rd Q to knockback the enemy away from the direction he's running to. The extra distance he has to travel to get to safety allows you to get an extra auto attack in that you normally would not have. Use that extra stun the moment they recover from the knockback. Use that dash to get an extra hit in.
3) Activate your ult before you go wailing on somebody. If you activate it at the end of a skirmish for the whole purpose of using the aoe nuke, you're missing the entire point.
4) Items. You want to maximize Riven's AD and her survivability. 2 dorans blades, merc treads or ninja tabi, a bloodthirster, and a guardian angel.

In summary: stick with full ad runes, go 21 into offensive tree making sure to pick up any AD benefits, get flash ignite. Learn how to position with her and do not spam Q nervously without a clue. Play Tekken, go into practice mode and try to figure out the easiest and most damaging juggle combo you can do.

Foxichu

07-27-2012

As an extreme Riven main (350+ games with her, carry every single one ;D), it's litteraly just practice. She's not about damage, she's about 'pure' kiting. You don't just pick her up, you become the Riven.

QQAnonymous

07-27-2012

When it comes to dealing "decent damage" as Riven I think her maneuverability in engagements is important. As Foxichu said, "She's about 'Pure" Kiting"
Passive- Charges Blade( allows increased damage for basic attacks 3x)
Q - 3x blade combo
W- Stun
E- Short dash (Shield)
R- Forward AOE
Whenever I play her I grab the usually Boots and 3 pots but start with W, opposed to the many other Riven players who I have seen go Q first. At level 2 I get E so as to allow my W a bit more range ( Shield Dash, Stun, Melee Hit) (Repeat). Level 3 i get Q so as to allow maximum damage potential (Shield Dash, Stun, Melee Hit, QQQ) Of course you can combo it and change it how ever you way you like.

After Level 6 you should do as R0ACH said and activate ulti before you begin smashing an opponent(s).
This further increases your damage and allows for your ulti's second gear to do amazing( by my standards) damage.

I build her tanky AD and for runes I get Cool Down Reduction (as well the standard runes needed for AD champs) because the faster you can get her skills down the better.

*Beware of wild Garens....