Please add save password option to login screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yiyas

07-28-2012

Riot don't want this; we'd never look at their pretty login screens they spent several hours perfecting for. Saving passwords client-side though, I don't see how that has any security implications.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-28-2012

Bah, why should we even bother with saving passwords? Just remove passwords altogether!!!

Akai Tsuki

07-28-2012

Typing a password with a keylogger on your computer doesn't seem secure either. Having your password stored on a private computer would be safer then?

In Guild Wars, you could add your password as a command line argument. Wouldn't that be a possible solution to this? Then, whenever you make a purchase, require password input (should be done anyway, if you worry about security...).

Meatzombie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
There will be security implications ... this sound really dangerous.
LoL involves RP and IP transactions, and website with similar security level will do not allow you to save password, like Amazon.
that is why you make it optional, riot couldn't be responsible in any way if it was a button you had to click yourself

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatzombie View Post
that is why you make it optional, riot couldn't be responsible in any way if it was a button you had to click yourself
This ain't about responsibility.

Riot has principles and one of them is caring about whether or not their players get hacked.
If adding a feature of convenience would statistically significantly increase the risks - The answer is "No".

Think of it as a "We don't want to have to say 'I told you so'," sort of thing.

FrankenNiggel

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
There will be security implications ... this sound really dangerous.
LoL involves RP and IP transactions, and website with similar security level will do not allow you to save password, like Amazon.
My browser saves my amazon password for me. I do not see how that is any different than letting the game client save my password locally also.

DevilNL

07-28-2012

because it just takes so much time to just typ in your password 1 time at the beginning of your session....

Quote:
So do like Amazon and re-prompt for the password only when there's a monetary (real or IP) transaction. Otherwise, you can stay signed in.

C'mon. I play LOL in my own house and I completely trust everyone that has access to my computer. I think I can handle having LOL save my password.

In fact, the way you have it now sort of reduces security. It encourages people to leave the client open, so they don't have to go through the re-launch and potential login queue process, so then their entire account is open to the abuse you suggest might happen.
So what your saying is that it doesnt matter so why even bother changing it then?

Quote:
What if you had to sign in a second time to make purchases in the store?
What's the point? then it's the same only you would have to keep on entering your password each store visit which seems more frustrating.

AugustoTDR

07-28-2012

Pretty simple.

Option: Remember password (which will enable a security password check before any transaction.)
Disabling it disables this check.

RumRunner

07-29-2012

Ummm, yeah, read the title. "save password OPTION" Obviously all that has to be done is have a little message pop up that states, "RIOT is not responsible....legal jargon, legal jargon, legal jargon" I keep my computer safe, so I don't have to worry as much, and I have to admit there's been many times where I've said, "why can't I save my effing password!?"

Shargun

07-29-2012

Please read the forum posts before posting your vehement rant, they answer your questions.