[Game] Ctrl-V whatever's on your clipboard.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gragas IRL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolluxAradia View Post
No. Vi is a female Franky.
*shrug*

Brettstick

Ankoku no Hime

SephirothWontDie

02-13-2013

I wish I could drive a car without crashing into a tree. (corrupt THAT)

.... I copied so I could show someone else the wish and how I corrupted it on another forum game.... they crashed into a light pole.... >.>'

Kendralys

02-13-2013

Nasus
Malphite
Amumu
Taric
Renekton
Anivia

Lol I was looking at the "Guess the Odd Champion Out" thread.

Chelsea Hotel

MyAlpaca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Odd Gnome

Zarkof

02-18-2013

after some thinking, I decided I'd go with the first idea.

My first run through of the idea goes something like so:

There will be a single ammo mechanic called "Incantation". It will generate one charge every so many seconds and cap at 3.

Q W and E will all require one charge of "Incantation". Casting each spell will not procure a cooldown unless Phennig has already invoked 2 of that "element". So, lets say that Q is an offensive spell, W is a defensive spell, and E is a mobility spell. Phennig has invoked Q twice to boost his offense, and then the third cast of Q procs a longer cooldown (twice as long as the ammo generation). Phennig then gets into a teamfight where he needs defensive bonuses, so he dumps 3 casts of the Q "element" and casts W twice to get his defensive bonus up. This uses up 2 charges of his ammo. He then invokes Q, releases Q.

Another thing I could do is to make his Ultimate available at level 1 like Jayce and Elise and provide bonuses for ranking it up. For example, R could hold the passive of generating an "Incantation" every so many seconds, and the cooldown on the charges reduces with rank. This would allow me to retain the original idea I had for a passive.

I could very well turn this mechanic into some sort of Ranged Carry. Each passive bonus could affect auto attacks in some way or some base stat, like movement or armor. I could create a sort of AP Auto Attacker where you'd need to balance the burst of each spell with the passive bonuses. I can see two styles of play: Burst play, where you stack up your invocations and release them all at once for a sort of guerrilla style; Prolonged damage, where you always keep 2 invocations active for their passive bonuses and use your new charges as they come while auto attacking in between. With the prolonged method, you could keep 2 different "elements" invoked so that you wouldn't proc the cooldown on that one element that you want. You can also use this for the setup.

Some other things I could do to inhibit the "stack 3 Q's, release 2, and continue to invoke and immediately release Q another 3 times" would be to cause decreased effect on a target after they've been affected 3 times (something severe, like a 50% damage reduction or reduced effect) which wouldn't completely limit that style but would encourage branching out into different areas.

The second run through would go something like this:

R requires ammo to cast. These charges generate every so often and cap at 3. This limits the number of spells Phennig will be able to release, rather than limiting the number he can invoke.

Q W and E would all have no cooldown and have strong passive effects that diminish by a % if you invoke more than 1 of the same "element". Imagine them to be sort of like Udyr's stances, except about at ~50% strength (individually) but being able to have 3 up at once. There would be less of a penalty for releasing the same element 3 times in a short time and even possibly be rewarded, since you can only cast 3 spells in a row. The trick is to not have the passives buff the spells too heavily.

This method will allow him to invoke the spells he needs quickly. I could also incorporate a mechanic where if he targets himself with a "release" he refunds that element's cost and removes the buff without costing a release charge, but this might be tricky to work into skillshots or AoE spells (if I go in those directions). Another thing would be to have "release" buff the next auto attack like Sheen. While the buff is active, the "release" spell will turn into "refund", allowing you to cast it again to refund the buff and clear the passive element buff. To completely clear your invocations, you could just press R 6 times and then quickly invoke 3 new "elements".

This is a big branching point in this development. Right now I am looking at:

A) A mage focused more on versatile burst spells that leave debuffs rather than the passive buffs
B) Auto attack Carry focused more on the passive buffs rather than burst.
C) A mage focused more on the interaction between passive buffs and active spells (so it really matters which spells you have invoked to get the desired effect out of your "release") However, this becomes increasingly more like Invoker from DotA2 the further you weave the web of interactions.

1) Limiting the invocations via:
-a)cooldowns
-b)universal ammo
-c)situational cooldowns+ammo
2) Limiting the "releases"

I'd love more input. Personally, I'm leaning more towards B and 2.

On a side note, I don't intend on following the path of a "classic elementalist" that uses earth wind fire water etc. I have already done that and feel like this mechanic can apply to a multitude of unique demographics.

- yay for double forum copypasta