Draft day stories

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mango027

07-26-2012

This is my story of a good draft experience that eventually led to our teams downfall.
If you have any similar stories, please share them.

After playing several games of dominion, 3s, and ARAM I decided I wanted to go back to the basics again. So i joined into a draft normal. I was matched up into a team within 20 seconds, awesome.

Better yet, I was team captain. We went through the normal bans, Morgana, Darius, Kass, a couple more and Jayce. Meanwhile my teamates were trying to figure out where they wanted to play someone called top, and mid, so I said that I could "sp ali or lulu" they were suprised that I said that (first pick wants to play support!?!?!) I'm a pretty decent support thats why I asked for it. But a guy said "i want bot blitz" So I think alright, he really wants bot support so I'll play ADC (by now the other guy said he wanted to jungle) so i picked ezreal, one of my better ADCs (that or sivir). But hey, first pick ADC, thats most peoples dream come true (and I was happy, confused, but happy)

Well it turns out that they got to blitz before our teammate did so he picked Mao., which is fine (gave us tree team with Zyra mid, which our jungler, Lee Sin, wasnt happy about).

Well at the start of the game my "support" starts off with a dorans shield, which is fine (i guess), I wasnt worried about a lvl 2 noc gank anyway. after our top gets first blood our lee comes bot and I pick up the double kill. we push to turret, b, heal up and I buy my items. Mao does the same. Thing is we are 10 minutes in and he hasnt got a single ward, I bought one to ward dragon so i didnt get ganked from leblank.

Teamfights start to break out and riven gets caught alone, happens, and she complains "thanks for baron vision, pro support mao, pro support" he replies "I'm not support" and thats when everything fell apart.

Then they get on me because i had the typical ADC items, a pair of dorans, boots, IE, vamp syp, and negatron cloak. (obviously they were questioning the cloak) I informed them I was building a BV, the guy asked "why" and I said so that I didnt get grabbed by blitz, that shut him up and my teamates agreed that the longer I'm alive, the better.

This compound with with no wards, no support, (he didnt even get gold/5 items), led to our team bickering back and forth, even tho we were ahead, but lost a small 2v4 skirmish. started a slippery slope and led to our ultimate demise.

TL;DR - If team cap. is offering to play support, let him. He probably knows what he is doing there. That way you are less likely to get counter picked and you're teams moral late game stays intact.

Yoonabomber

07-26-2012

shave your neckbeard first

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoonabomber View Post
shave your neckbeard first
Do you have anything positive or worthwhile to post?