Is my version of Garen solo top viable throughout the whole game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChillxIGotThis

07-26-2012

In any game type I play, whether it be normal or ranked, I play Garen solo top if the opportunity presents itself with an easy counter-pick. I have little to no trouble winning with the build I use, but early to mid game, I'm labeled a troll for not building tanky enough for the team, which my jungler is already doing flawlessly. I play DPS Garen for more damage as oppose to taking more damage as an off-tank. I also run with the Summoner spells of Exhaust and Flash.

Items I build in order are:
1. Doran's Blade
2. Level 1 Boots
3. Doran's Blade (also Sight Wards for top of River)
4. Doran's Blade (also Sight Wards for top of River)
5. Boots of Swiftness for extra movement with my Q or Ninja Tabi or Mercury's Treads given the situation of the enemy team.
6. BF Sword
7. Cloak of Agility into...
8. Infinity Edge
9. Giant's Belt into...
10. Frozen Mallet
11. Zeal into...
12. Phantom Dancers
13. Negatron Cloak or Chain Vest into...
14. Force of Nature or Thormail
15. This last item may vary given game progress and enemy team situations.

Also Force of Nature or Thornmail may come before Phantom Dancers if Defense is needed more.

As for the build that I use, my E spins and crits the squishies to death. My Q silences the enemy AP carry. My W provides enough Armor and Magic Resist to survive in team fights to use my R (ult) for a secured kill. I'm smart enough to know when my AD carry will kill someone by themselves and save my Ultimate when needed.

So my question is, Is my Garen viable throughout the game or do I deserve the troll accusations and should I change my default build?

Any help or additional advice is always welcomed.

Neoman321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

As far as i can tell it seems like a pretty good build, but I don't play Garen nor do I fight him often enough to know how he builds.

Also Potion Master Garen is best Garen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40zfXQqX_Zc

Sam Is Whoa

07-26-2012

Not bad but seems you get your hp/defense items too late. Garen is supposed to be built off tank get into a fight soak up dmg spin to win ult low hp target soak up some more dmg and get out hopefully ahead because your team didnt watch in awe of the sheer speed at which you flail your arms. Then you get out of the fight and regen your hp before the next fight starts.

Lokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

I believe Sunfire cape adds more damage to his spin than most dps items, plus it gives survivability and ALWAYS does that damage