Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Double doran's shield + boots to start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackDAILO

07-26-2012

Is it doable or are there better items options out there to start with tanks such as Phite?

Zarbarros

07-26-2012

Get utility gold mastery and buy 3 dorans shield

shane o noke

07-26-2012

I usually get double shields on Malph, but if against heavy AD boots Chainvest, cloth works well to, because you get that frozen heart so fast.

TM oJun

07-26-2012

i get 2 ruby crystals, boots, and 2 health pots on rammus. upgrade them to a shurelias and randuins

HaIfhearted

07-26-2012

I'll start Double Dorans on tanky-type champs like Malph or Skarner if we're up against fairly heavy AD.
Also Udyr bot >_>

Shaboinker

07-26-2012

I don't get why they don't make a prospectors shield which is basically double dorans in one item. They did it with dblade and dring?

KingofChickens

07-26-2012

Usually on champs like Malph, i try to go with boots, dorans, and ruby. this gives you some armor to start, and the ruby builds into most of the other things you need. Going double dorans makes sense from the stats point of view, but i would much rather get an earlier aegis than to have to build up to it even more later.

When it comes down to it, it is all a matter of personal preference.

hinderlopen

07-27-2012

Quote:
Shaboinker:
I don't get why they don't make a prospectors shield which is basically double dorans in one item. They did it with dblade and dring?

prospectors blade and ring were created because riot didnt want ad and ap carries stacking the items to get damage AND survivability with the most cost effective items in the game. On the other hand, they felt that dorans shields were in a good place, basically it was more effective to get other tank items than to try to stack prospector's shields if it was available.

Best ADZilean NA

07-27-2012

Quote:
shane o noke:
I usually get double shields on Malph, but if against heavy AD boots Chainvest, cloth works well to, because you get that frozen heart so fast.

I feel that starting boots, chain vest, cloth puts you and your team at a huge disadvantage for the first fight, even against a heavy ad team. Stacking armor with a low health pool minimizes the effective health you get from all that armor. Also, a lot of ad characters still put out some magic damage which happens to be at its greatest effectiveness early game.

Both health and health regen are the best forms of tankiness for the first fight at top, which is why double dorans shields on tanks is the best start ever, regardless of comp. If you want to rush something after first fight, sell 1 or both shields after you get some gold, but in most cases I don't think rushing items on tanks is really necessary.

jars

07-27-2012

double dorans is decent with the 240 hp but the 2 slots make it costly. dunno why there is no prospector item