Low FPS after patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

09-14-2010

Just to add, I was playing at FPS of 2, then i turned of all game sounds, and it got increased to FPS of 5. lol

So instead of watching screen frozen and then dying, you can see yourself die in real-time.

Your Jungler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Just to add, I was playing at FPS of 2, then i turned of all game sounds, and it got increased to FPS of 5. lol

So instead of watching screen frozen and then dying, you can see yourself die in real-time.
Ohhhh yeah!!!!. It's always fun not knowing how you died.

Oh look, 5v5 team fight, since I'm the nuke I'll stay behind the tank.. *tank teleports behind me somehow*

Oh ****, now i'm the "tank" *furiously clicks back*

-*moves forward*-

*death with a spam of a whole bunch of red numbers*

So much for having a positive KD.

At least bots have some mercy towards the lagging.

AldarnX

09-14-2010

btw the 'killing lolclient.exe process solution' doesn't actually fix the fps issues... i might get like 5 fps instead of 2 but it's pretty much still unplayable

Drt500

09-14-2010

Oh man, i was getting the bug splat error after the previous patch, now with the latest patch i'm also running 5 fps!! It's unplayable!!

Dromomania

09-14-2010

same =(

MGra77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

same ****t ... HEY JUST FIX IT like old time

TestSubject06

09-14-2010

Yeah, now while I haven't had a direct hit to my game play, I have eaten about a 60FPS hit in the recent months. When I started (right around the release of Mordekaiser), at benchmark settings I got 128-140 FPS, Which is more than sufficient.
Then around the launch of Season 1 I noticed it was down to about 90, which is cool I don't care 90FPS is still plenty enough for me. But my friend had his drop from about 30 down to like 15-20. Not cool.
Now(Miss Fortune) my fps took another drop to 60FPS, which is still perfect to play on, but my friend plays at about 10FPS with nothing happening , and 2-3 in team fights, which makes him unreliable at best.

What have you guys been doing? And what optimizations do you plan to make in the future? if my machine starts to get choppy on this game, I'm gonna be pissed, and add this to my list of games that were cool. were

Ryjeon

09-14-2010

Since the today's hotfix I no longer have the lolclient lag problem.

xMoko019

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjeon View Post
Since the today's hotfix I no longer have the lolclient lag problem.
You are lucky, some of us still have the issue (after patch).

>.<!

Smoothbore

09-14-2010

Figured I'd just add more of the same, to give the thread numbers.

No issues before the hotfix, and now the game chugs. Was running consistently at 60FPS before (except in extreme nexus-exploding fights at the end). But now even alone mid lane the game will slow down to an average of 30fps, and dip down to the 10s and 12s.

4 gigs of ram, GeForce GTX 465, and AMD Dual Core 6000+ (2x3000mhz). Worked fine before the patch and hotfix, so no idea what really changed.