Low FPS after patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xsrgy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

seriously... cant you guys just like delete everything in the new patch and refund the ip and stuff with exp and.. bonus ip or something?

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsrgy View Post
seriously... cant you guys just like delete everything in the new patch and refund the ip and stuff with exp and.. bonus ip or something?
Nope, but it might be possible to roll back certain elements of the patch as a temporary fix until issues with the current patch version are resolved.

Xurreal

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
yay for my noob question....how would I post my air logs....
I think its in the options section of the client, theres a button there that says "Submit Logs"

Just guessing..

b8FeEsHH

09-13-2010

Just wanted to add my two cents worth
I have a fairly high end computer, 8 Gb DDR2 and a Quad core processor, got a GTX 275 1.5gb gfx card.. and the lol Client is owning my computers face. Sad, sad but true. The issues with the LOL client only occur AFTER my first match, although i see no significant Performance hits during the game, Running max settings, hitting 60 fps still, i used to be uncapped pushing 80+ fps and now i have to set in game options to stabilise at 60 to keep it from being choppy, and it falls below 60 sometimes

After the First game however.. Lol client is near on un-responsive, delay in response from key commands when typing in chat, delay trying to switch menu screens ( home page to summoner profile, ETC) and while starting games, Sometimes my Team chat is completely unresponsive. changing masteries and summoner spells? no chance. and even sometimes.. and only sometimes. Character selection is out of the question. I'm ashamed that my beast of a machine that can tear through games like borderlands and cod 4 and pretty much every other game on the market at max settings.. Gets taken to school by the lol client.

There has to be a memory leak somewhere for it to be chewing up a Quad core processor.
i'll attach my Dx diag files and if i can find my Air logs i'll post them too

All i can say is, i'd regret to have to play on my laptop because it would be like kicked in the groind from behind. unaware it was about to happen... with all my friends watching.

hope you can find the issue soon
P.s. It is definately something to do with the lastest patch, my laptop has suffered severely from the most recent patch. No chance to play on the go anymore (

P.s.s Disabling menu animations at log in, increased the performance of the client on First run for me. After first game it was back to BS. cheers.

AldarnX

09-13-2010

My logs have a lot of "WARN| r3dRenderLayer::FlushTextures: The following texture was not released:" spam and also messages about not being able to bind skeleton stuff for miss fortune

an Eevee

09-13-2010

I posted this recently in general chat. I thought I'd relay this here.

"My computer isn't the best, but it's not the worst. Because of my video card I'd lag a little in team fights, but no where near to a point in which my game play was effected to the point of being unable to play.

After this patch however, it seems like I can't walk down a lane without feeling the effects of lag. The entire client itself also lags. Typing a message to a friend, opening the store or a profile page, even loading after the champ select is extremely slow now..."

It sucks because I can't play because of it and I know it was the patch because I was playing just before the maintenance of the patch and it was perfectly fine. Afterward, it was hellishly slow.
And well I can play, it's just I can hardly do anything.
Example:
Garagas tossed a barrel at me in last game I played, I noticed it was in some minions, I was like, "Im cool. Im safe. Oh yeeeah!" Then it magically was right next to me exploding into my piratey grill.
That same game a garen was behind a turret, I clicked away and once again, up in my grill lickity split.
Goes for the hot keys too. I couldn't use any combination of them without waiting a second for them to respond.

I CRY. ;_; HALP RIOT HALP.

Petrove

09-13-2010

After you enter a game, if you alt-tab and end lolclient.exe, you can still play your current game and you will get the framerate that you got before the patch. The downside is that once your game is over, you have to re-launch LoL and log back in. It's really annoying and Riot needs to fix it immediately.

Mahvel

09-13-2010

I have the same problem T_T, like this if u want riot to do something about it

malphismia

09-14-2010

Does Riot want to do anything about it, after 12 pages of people complaining about the same problem?

TheWorstEver

09-14-2010

Notify me when this gets resolved.

Tried a game where I went7-6 as Gangplank hovering at 9 FPS, had no idea what was going on and resulted in dying to an already fed Kennen.

10 FPS: The new high elo.