Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what sin do you do more when gaming?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggly Johnson

07-26-2012

pride sinning or sloth sinning, what sinning are you guilty of, or both. Tell me. I can be your pastore.

gamers typically do one or the other or in most cases both.

Do you seek a higher elo? Then you probably a pride sinner.

Do you rage at your partners for being bad? Then you probably a pride sinner.

Slothism is: Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

Do you need a job yet play countless hours of gaming? you probably a sloth sinner. Do you let gaming affect your grades negatively? you probably a sloth sinner. Do you become too lazy to go to church and fill the time with gaming? you probably a sloth sinner.

Now I am going to go back to pride sinning here is some quotes I read on it:

Quote:
The sin of pride is the sin of sins. It was this sin, we're told, which transformed Lucifer, an anointed cherub of God, the very "seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty," into Satan, the devil, the father of lies, the one for whom Hell itself was created. We're warned to guard our hearts against pride lest we too "fall into the same condemnation as the devil."

It was the sin of pride which first led Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit.

Quote:
pride can skew our perceptions of reality. In fact, pride must obscure the truth simply because the truth is often very humbling, something contrary to the sin of pride. Nebuchadnezzar's pride deceived him into thinking something that wasn't true: he believed that he had built the great Babylonian empire by his own wisdom and by his might when in fact it was God who "made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings."

Quote:
Belshazzar also suffered from a skewed perception of reality. His pride gave him a deluded sense of security. He felt safe upon his throne, behind his high walls; safe enough to mock the God of the universe!

Quote:
What gives you the right to look down on others? And why would you boast of your skills or abilities? "For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?"6 Be careful not to take credit for God's work in your life. "Know that the Lord Himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture."7 Never presume to say to yourself, "My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth,"
This last quote is interesting cause how many times do you hear "I am better than you 1v1 me!" in chat and so on. This is nothing more than pride sinning.

Jiggly Johnson

07-26-2012

bump. so many lost souls sinning as I speak. I must save them. For their own good.

Quick Rawr

07-26-2012

You are creepy.

timeywimeylimey

07-26-2012

When I play League, I commit the sin of expecting not find religious zealots on the League forums.

Shardicus

07-26-2012

I'm gonna side with Quick Rawr. You're weird. :I

ageking

07-26-2012

i have fun gaming... thats not a sin >.<

if your trying to say stop no lifing to ppl thats fine, but forcing religous beliefs on others isnt exactly cool...

Someone who manages their time wisely and has pride in what they do is a greater person then someone without confidence who wastes time... having fun is not a waste of time

OriginalJack

07-26-2012

Quote:
accuracy1st:
Do you rage at your partners for being bad? Then you probably a pride sinner.

Actually wouldn't that be wrath?

Yoonabomber

07-26-2012

shave your neckbeard first

Jeanschyso

07-26-2012

I'm a Sloth sinner.

I avoid ranked because I don't want to waste my precious gaming time on trolls and bads.. I prever being the worst on a premade 5v5 in-house

bylobog44

07-26-2012

Lust - when I play Sona