Quest for the Cure (Closed-RP)

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmileyDemon

07-26-2012

Kalamanda Docks

Busy would be a word one could use to describe the Kalamanda docks if they were less than half their size. As it is however, there is no word to express the turbulent atmosphere of the docks as ships were loaded and unloaded. The various races, mostly human, go to and fro from the docks some carrying cargo, others buying cargo still others selling and some smuggling. It was here that the retired Demacian warship Stormcrown was moored. Its captain, Gerrard Stormcrow was an old Demacian mariner that had chartered his ship to a rich Piltoverian by the name of Maven Vermeer who was busy signing on people to his expedition at the entrance of the docks. The captain huffed his breath on a small glass sphere and rubbed it against his chest before putting it in his empty eye socket. His enchanted glass eye turned wildly before focusing again on the Piltoverian. The captain did not much care for him but his money was good and in his advancing age he needed one or two more times on the sea before he retired himself and his ship permanently.

On the docks beside the ship sitting on a barrel was a small yordle dressed in obvious Kinkou attire watching grunts load the ship with supplies. Silas had already offered her services to Vermeer and even refused payment. She explained to him that she needed none for it was her mission to be here, to see them reach their goal. Silas quietly observed the world around her, for it was one of the things her masters praised her on during her training. She thought back to her time at the House of Falling Leafs, her masters and her training at the forefront of her mind. She had been beaten, broken and rebuilt stronger each time then and she already missed home dearly.However, the hustle and bustle from hundreds of people was making her contemplation wane when another yordle by the name of Fen trudged down the docks with a comically large pack on his back. He stopped in front of where Silas was sitting and straightened his back, causing the huge pack to lift him off the ground. "Uhh... a little help here?" Fen said to Silas, fully breaking her mediation. She looked down to him irked at first but as his situation dawned on her she had to stifle a laugh. Silas jumped down from the barrel and helped undo the straps bonding Fen to his pack. Once the last one was undone he gently fell and landed on his feet. "Thank you Miss..." Fen now notices Silas's outfit "Kinkou. Fens the name and I'll be the expedition's cook." Fen and Silas shake hands. "Lets hope this thing pays off big eh?"He said turning to drag his pack the rest of the way up into the ship.

At the entrance of the docks where merchants would be Maven tried to yell over the heckles and salesmanship of the merchants. He stood on a stack of crates trying to appear to as many people as possible. Beside him eating an apple was his personal bodyguard Boris, a bear in man form. "We set out today! For glory and for riches! anyone signing on will have my guarantee of payment and the opportunity to become a hero, to become legend! To save those that suffer from the Avenar Plague. To be the first people IN AGES to set foot in unknown land." Maven saw a few gather in front of him but so far none had shown the want to sign up. He did not want to embark without a full expedition party.

((This is a trade hub and is one if not the only place you will be able to buy something on this adventure. I rolled and you all start off with 90 gold. When you enter I will post your name on a list of participants in this RP. The other Thread will be used for OOC chat. In this RP I will keep track of supplies such as food,water etc most of which is being loaded on the ship right now.))

Expedition Ledger

The Stormcrown-Demacian Warship

Lucian-Beastman Battlemage
Cam-Human Summoner
Shared Inventory
Health and Mana Potion x3
Bag of Seeds

Karma-The Enlightened One
Two Ionian Antique fans
An Umbrella
Case which contains-
Basic Food and Water
Unnamed book
Functional yet Fashionable clothing
Basic herbal remedies

Soraka-The Starchild
((Banana)) Wand
Medical Satchel which contains-
Some herbs
Bread
Water bottle
An apple

Tella-Human Ranger
Bow
Quiver (arrows x30)
Light hammock
Rope (1x 50 ft., 2x 20 ft.)
7 days rations
Knife
2 canteens (1 water, 1 mana potion)
Magic pouch
Flint & steel
Extra clothing

Ossa-Undead Warrior
Two-handed Morning Star

Phantom-Human Shadow Mage
Blackheart-Human Necromancer

Teo Leif-Yordle Bard
Inoian piccolo
Bottle of sage oil
Backup ocarina
Extra bottle
A few sage leaves

Silas-Yordle Kinkou Warrior
Lensing Crystal
20xWooden Vials of Kinkou Powder Ration
Zaunite Rebreather
10x Smokebombs
2x Oracle Elixirs

Zik Fahbil-Human Healer
3 days dry rations
Bedroll
Canteen
Survival knife
3 League-brand wards

Sadhi/Stella Nova-Human Pyromage
Standard Demacian Infantry pack, which contains-
Miscellaneous Practical items(abusable lol)
Small beauty kit
Healing and mana wafers in an infantryman's shoulder bag
15 days worth of high-calorie rations
Metal Canteen
Demacian Journey Mage Ring-Serves as a Rejuvenation bead and Faerie Charm

Tekun Valos-Human Swordsman
Noxian Zweihander
Ionian Long sword
Techmaturgical Bow x 45 (40 Arrows, 5 Explosive tipped)
Leah (One Use)
Fragmentation Grenade x 2
Incindinary Grenade x 2
Flash Grenade x 2
Luger x 2 (8 rounds capacity, no extra clip)
x3 Potions of Healing
x1 Elixer of Fortitude
300 Feet of rope
x10 Torches and Lighting Fluid
x2 Mana Potions.

CrabSage

07-26-2012

Kalmanda Docks

Ossa made his way through the crowd, looking up at Marven he removed his hood showing his skull. "Im here to sign up for this journey, but one question. If we find any other relics are we welcome to take those as well?"

TeoLeif

07-26-2012

Kalmanda Docks

Teo stared at the man on the crates. He had prepped himself for the journey beforehand so as to not waste too much time signing up, but now he was contemplating how much he really wanted to go along. His dear friend Lilly had gone ill due to this new plague, and Teo intended to assist in finding the cure in any way he could. Sitting in the back was getting him nowhere.

With a quick glance around, he nearly gets lost in the hustle and bustle of the docks. This was only the second time he'd ever come here, and was still not used to the large crowds of people and moving objects. He stood, shaking, behind the group of people that had formed in front of the man. Too intimidated to step forward, Teo had been simply watching from a distance, clutching his magic piccolo. When the thought of Lilly pops into his head, he decides it's now or never.

With a gulp, Teo makes his way through the crowd, getting pushed and bumped several times. When he finally gets through, he looks up at the man. Attempting to put on a brave face, he raises his hand.

"I wish to sign up for this expedition."

SmileyDemon

07-26-2012

Kalmanda Docks

Maven notices the two approach one being, of all things, undead and the other a Yordle. The undead though hard to read was obviously most interested in the ancient relics they might find. "Yes friend for that is the main reason we are going! I am well versed in the histories of Valoran and I expect us to find wonders from a bygone age hidden in the jungle simply report to the large ship at the end of the dock and give the captain your name." The yordles voice was hard to hear but his courage was impeccable. With a sidelong glance Maven ordered Boris to pick the yordle up to sit on his shoulders. Once Boris had gently done so Marven addressed the crusty mariners watching. "Here people is a hero! This man, this yordle has found the courage to embark on a journey bigger than himself! Have any of you the courage as this yordle does?"

CrabSage

07-26-2012

Kalmanda Docks

Ossa nodded and slowly made his way to the ship. Along the way he though to himself "Perhaps there shall be some relic that can undo this blasted curse."

Once on the ship he saw Gerrard and slowly walked up to him. "Greetings, my name is Ossa. I notice you are a Demacian mind if I ask how much battle you saw? From one warrior to another."

TeoLeif

07-26-2012

Kalmanda Docks

Teo was stunned by the performance the man was putting on. From Boris' shoulder, he looked out at the group of people. His jaw dropped a little, not able to utter a word. Only once had he done something in front of a crowd, but that was with a warm cup of Ionia Poppy tea to help calm his nerves. Although he was very nervous, something the man said made Teo feel warm inside. Looking back down at the man, he manages to let out a weak, "Th-thank you...?".

Necromonger

07-26-2012

Kalamanda Docks - Market Square

"Kalamanda... didn't think we'd come back here." Sadhi whispered to herself. People shot her strange looks- a masked figure talking to herself. Magic was mainstream and common, but mentally unhinged people were still very odd.

Outwardly, she was quiet, stern and serious, like any other mercenary down on her luck. The Demacian Flame wore a traveling hood over her chain vest. Having completed her mandatory service, the demacian war mage had opted for a leave of absence rather than signing up for a tour of duty, thus her uniform was bereft of its rank insignia. They were still walking about town, buying

"...Oooh! I remember that store! with the dumplings! and is that clothing shop new? Oh wow let's go look! Like, the place has gotten sooo much better...!" Stella said, a warm inner voice that pointed at almost every establishment they passed by. Sadhi stuck with her list of necessities, purchasing practical supplies as prescribed by the B.R.U.S.H. manual.

"...We can buy all the stuff you want when we get paid, Stella. We're down to our last purse of money remember? We have to stick to the essentials." Sadhi said, out loud in a low voice.

"Hey, who you talkin' too? we're not into necromancers talkin' to spirits 'round here." The gruff, middle aged baker asked of the pyromancer.

"I'm talking to my friend... and I'd like some journey bread." Sadhi replied, defensive of her 'condition'. She eyed the different flavors as well, picking out chocolate. One of a few things they both liked.

"Yahuh... that'll be..."

Kalamanda Docks

Sadhi was relieved slightly that the ship hadn't left yet. Despite being hooded, wearing the same armor and colors as Lux got her plenty of looks, and quite a few sailors and dock workers gave Sadhi her space. She raised a hand to wave at Fen and Silas.

"...You take it from here, Stella. Don't eat all the journeybread. you'll get sick." Sadhi said, in a conversational voice.

"What?! okay...." Her voice changes to a higher pitched, cheerful one. The mask comes off and is slipped into a very, very secured pocket of her uniform. She walked up to Silas, armflailing then offering a hand to shake.

"HI!!! I'm Stella Nova! I'm 20 years old and I just finished my military service! I'm also dirt poor and I was wondering if I could come along! I have my resume here but I'd like to just sum up that I can cook, fire flares, make bright light and control fire! I've also always wanted to go sailing and..."

The mask was visible slightly. In Stella's mind, Sadhi spoke. "...That's quite enough info Stella. I think they can see just from the uniform."

"Okay..." Stella responded to Sadhi, and tucked in the mask. But apparently, just now she spoke to no one in particular. "So can I come???" She smiled, bright red hair curling beside her cheek.

Farnbil

07-26-2012

Kalamanda Docks

Zik Fahbil rubbed his right wrist as he searched for the ship designated on the flyer he read earlier. Full of youthful confidence and with a pack full of supplies slung over his shoulder, he trudged through the crowd until he stood at its forefront. "You need a hero? I'm your guy!" he announced, raising a pointed finger. His voice was the very same as the famed League champion Ezreal. Zik approached the sailor with an outstretched hand. "Zik Fahbil, explorer prodigy, map-maker, and the most skilled shot in Valoran. I might not be everything you've heard about in the stories, but..."

When the thought of stories came up in his mind, Zik could not remember there ever being stories. Or about himself making any maps. This logic, slowly, brought him back to his senses and out of his delusion of mimicry. He slowed to a stop, absorbing the gravity of the situation. After a few seconds, he continued forward as his real self. "Let's back that up." he quickly said in a robust voice somewhat past his age. "I'm Zik Fahbil, white mage, not explorer, at your service."

TheShadowOfChaos

07-26-2012

Kalamanda Docks

Phantom and Blackheart made their way to the ship quickly. The two passed the crowds of people gathered. People made a circle around the undead figures because of their fears as the two went up on the dock. They passed all the workers and people preparing for the trip. Interesting group of adventurers have gathered behind them, one caught Blackheart's eye. He walked up behind Teo.

B: "Teo, is that you?"

Meanwhile, Phantom made his way up to the captain.

"My name is Phantom and the big cloaked man over there ais Blackheart. We are here for the expedition."

TeoLeif

07-26-2012

Kalmanda Docks

Teo jumped in surprise, falling off of Boris' shoulder and landing face first on the pier. He stands up, shaking his head.

"Uh... Blackheart? Was that you?" he asks, relief in his voice.

1234511 ... 16