So, since melee initiators are OP/popular on Dom...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

07-26-2012

What do people think of Orianna as a start-bot-for-the-farm pick then swap to top after she gets a couple items for teh OP utility?

Best ADZilean NA

07-26-2012

Seems like there are better choices for starting bot for farm then switching top. (Sion, Yi, or a few squishy ranged AD)

shane o noke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

morde is fun to go up top after you get lots of farm

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

What OP utility? Jax leapstrikes, empowers you for half your health. You ball attack, Ult to kick him off your node.

He waits 6 seconds for leapstrike to come back up, does it again. You are able to Ball Protect then make a slowing zone (while you are slowed by his triforce proc).

I don't see how Oranna counters melee initiators exactly...

The Fizznity

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
What OP utility? Jax leapstrikes, empowers you for half your health. You ball attack, Ult to kick him off your node.

He waits 6 seconds for leapstrike to come back up, does it again. You are able to Ball Protect then make a slowing zone (while you are slowed by his triforce proc).

I don't see how Oranna counters melee initiators exactly...
Ball ally (hide well behind them) > He initiates > Shockwave
???
profit

Obviously since she's a low mobility mage she needs to be played safe and avoid derps with gapclosers.

ShawNuff

07-26-2012

Starting bot early and swapping top only works if you aren't going to get your face caved in by the enemy bot laner before you swap... I am not an experienced Orianna player, but I think she would have trouble vs quite a few laners early. I'm not saying not to try it, just be careful of bad matchups.

Warrrrax

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
???
profit

Obviously since she's a low mobility mage she needs to be played safe and avoid derps with gapclosers.
Wait, so Oranna 'counters' melee gap-closers by being able to Defend a Tower against 1 dude, as long as she has an ally in front of her?!? Ok then, yeah shes OP. ;-)

KingofChickens

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
???
profit

i understand that strategy when ori is top lane, and i get what you are talking about there, however it still doesn't bring into account just how destroyed she is going to be bot lane against someone with a gap closer.

Best ADZilean NA

07-27-2012

Why screw around with Orianna in a might-do-semi-decent scenario in bot lane, when you could play Urgot, Yorick, or Malz and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$profit?