Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


So, since melee initiators are OP/popular on Dom...

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

07-26-2012

What do people think of Orianna as a start-bot-for-the-farm pick then swap to top after she gets a couple items for teh OP utility?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best ADZilean NA

Member

07-26-2012

Seems like there are better choices for starting bot for farm then switching top. (Sion, Yi, or a few squishy ranged AD)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shane o noke

Senior Member

07-26-2012

morde is fun to go up top after you get lots of farm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

Senior Member

07-26-2012

What OP utility? Jax leapstrikes, empowers you for half your health. You ball attack, Ult to kick him off your node.

He waits 6 seconds for leapstrike to come back up, does it again. You are able to Ball Protect then make a slowing zone (while you are slowed by his triforce proc).

I don't see how Oranna counters melee initiators exactly...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

07-26-2012

Quote:
Warrrrax:
What OP utility? Jax leapstrikes, empowers you for half your health. You ball attack, Ult to kick him off your node.

He waits 6 seconds for leapstrike to come back up, does it again. You are able to Ball Protect then make a slowing zone (while you are slowed by his triforce proc).

I don't see how Oranna counters melee initiators exactly...


Ball ally (hide well behind them) > He initiates > Shockwave
???
profit

Obviously since she's a low mobility mage she needs to be played safe and avoid derps with gapclosers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

Member

07-26-2012

Starting bot early and swapping top only works if you aren't going to get your face caved in by the enemy bot laner before you swap... I am not an experienced Orianna player, but I think she would have trouble vs quite a few laners early. I'm not saying not to try it, just be careful of bad matchups.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

Senior Member

07-27-2012

Quote:
RCIX:
Ball ally (hide well behind them) > He initiates > Shockwave
???
profit

Obviously since she's a low mobility mage she needs to be played safe and avoid derps with gapclosers.


Wait, so Oranna 'counters' melee gap-closers by being able to Defend a Tower against 1 dude, as long as she has an ally in front of her?!? Ok then, yeah shes OP. ;-)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingofChickens

Junior Member

07-27-2012

Quote:
RCIX:
Ball ally (hide well behind them) > He initiates > Shockwave
???
profit

Obviously since she's a low mobility mage she needs to be played safe and avoid derps with gapclosers.


i understand that strategy when ori is top lane, and i get what you are talking about there, however it still doesn't bring into account just how destroyed she is going to be bot lane against someone with a gap closer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best ADZilean NA

Member

07-27-2012

Why screw around with Orianna in a might-do-semi-decent scenario in bot lane, when you could play Urgot, Yorick, or Malz and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$profit?


1