Tristana AP needs to be looked at

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

timpar3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

Seriously can something about this be done?? I'm utterly sick of playing in games with Tristana and she goes from doing nothing to absolutely dominating people just because of her AP ratios being so high to the point of being exploitative. The lowest AP ratio on her is .5 for the explosive shot proc, otherwise it's .8, 1.0 and 1.5 ratios.

Lets just say she has 350 AP That means her buster shot at it's final rank will do a total of 500 + 525 damage.. Now add in the instant explosive shot that she can do. That will be a total of 230 +250 over 5 seconds. ALSO add in rocket jump that does 250 + 280. By my math that is a total of 1935 damage being pushed out in under 2 seconds. Add in a Lichbane for an extra 350 for a grand total of 2285

The role of Tristana is supposed to be a ranged AD carry, but her AP ratios make her so able to just dominate with one skill and an auto attack.

And for those people that say "Oh just stack MR idiot." My response is this. If I have MR that equals 50% reduction in damage, she is still doing a minimum of 1142 damage. That's also with just 350 AP.. Imagine if she had upwards of 500-600 which is what happens in most games

(Active): Tristana fires at the ground to propel herself to a target location, dealing magic damage and slowing surrounding units by 60% for 2.5 seconds when she lands. On kills or assists, Rocket Jump's cooldown resets.
Cost: 80 mana
Range to Center of AoE: 900
Diameter of AoE:
Cooldown: 22 / 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 seconds
Magic Damage: 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+0.8 per ability power)

Explosive Shot (Passive): Enemies explode when slain by Tristana's basic attacks, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies.
Diameter: 150
Magic Damage: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (+0.25 per ability power)
(Active): Explosive Shot rends the target enemy, reducing healing and health regeneration by 50% and dealing magic damage over 5 seconds.
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Range: 625
Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 mana
Total Magic Damage: 110 / 140 / 170 / 200 / 230 (+1.0 per ability power)

Buster Shot (Active): Tristana fires a massive cannonball at an enemy unit, dealing magic damage and knocking them and surrounding units back.
Cost: 140 mana
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Range: 700
Knockback Force Width: 200
Magic Damage: 300 / 400 / 500 (+1.5 per ability power)
Knockback Distance: 600 / 800 / 1,000

TL;DR - Tristana is nothing but too powerful with her AP ratios.

bigolfish

07-26-2012

The problem with AP tristana is she's pure burst- her cooldowns are extremely long, and if she doesn't get a kill/assist she's basically sitting in the middle of the enemy team waiting to die.

timpar3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

Any input? I'd take any form of criticism

timpar3

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolfish View Post
The problem with AP tristana is she's pure burst- her cooldowns are extremely long, and if she doesn't get a kill/assist she's basically sitting in the middle of the enemy team waiting to die.
But the thing is. As soon as she gets an assist or a Kill her Rocket Jump RESETS.. And in a team fight a kill/assist happens WAY too often. She can jump 3 times in a row to do damage or to run away and out of harms way too easily.

Edit: Also her cooldowns are actually pretty short.. With blue buff and a DFG she's at 35% CDR.. Her ultimate is 60 flat.. her Jump (without resetting) is 14 seconds and her Explosive shot is 16 seconds. That's not too bad, especially when she burst so efficiently and then get out quick with her jump.

Onyx of Darkness

07-26-2012

If you see an AP Tristana, you should be building Banshee's Veil, will go a long way to nullifying her burst. If you then treat her the same as any Attack Mage, she wont be that scary. Any form of CC, and she will melt in an instant. I would prefer to come up against a fed AP Tristana, than a fed Morgana, any day of the week.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-26-2012

Honestly I like going hybrid tristana, great ap burst early on and you still get that ad carry power later.

Benevolence

07-26-2012

i like ad tristana-btw she got nerfed recently (explosive shots passive damage)

RivenBeatsMalph

07-26-2012

AP tristana doesn't do alot in teamfights later on anyways (at least that's how it always is for me) because you would have to single out one person and kill them. If you got two or more beefy people aiming at you, it's pretty hard to do anything. That or i just suck. :P

Quick Rawr

07-26-2012

Darius can build semi-tanky and still have some AD. Lets say that he has a total of 250 AD on his full build.

His passive grants him magic damage based on his AD. His abilities also had stacks of this magic damage.

His Q has only a 5 second cool down and does 210 (or if you're at the right range, 315) damage PLUS another 0.7/1.05 damage per attack power (that's up to 560 AoE to your entire team) with a 5 second cooldown. He's doing that at least 2-3 times in a team fight... and remember that this adds his passive so they're taking even more damage

His W can have as low as a 3 second cooldown and he slows you as well as dealing double damage for a hit. It's a built in sheen (oh yeah, and adds a stack if they have room for it.

His E makes sure that you don't escape/groups up the entire enemy team for your teammates abilities.

And don't forget his repeat R that can do up to around 1000 damage and its true damage.
------------------------

There are many other champs that are bursty/in the right situation going to destroy a team. An AP assassin that is outclassed by 90% of other AP's out there isn't really something I'm going to be worried about. She's going to go in and nuke down (maybe) one target and then be a sitting duck/dead with nothing really accomplished if she doesn't even get the kill. I'm much more scared of a good Karthus/LeBlanc/Zyra/etc/etc/etc/etc.

I just used the Darius example to show that champions are fun with great kits. She can be built either way (she is definitely a MUCH better AD carry, and her late game AP is near worthless). Are you actually struggling against these? Or did you get ripped apart by ONE that you weren't prepared for?

LoLersBane

07-26-2012

same reasoning as ap yi, they do their one burst and then are useless for like 10 sec.