Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Bitsplosion: Why aren't Shadow Prince Malzahar's particle effects yellow?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schmucky85

07-26-2012

As a main Malz, If they did this, I would want the same treatment in red for Vizier, which is the skin I use.

exe3

07-26-2012

Quote:
Bitsplosion:
(As an aside, I personally don't think the yellow would look very good anyway.)

I think yellow if it was made to look more like sand would be pretty epic.

MiMi luvluv

07-26-2012

Quote:
MiMi luvluv:
So I'm guessing y'all wont re-do this skin like you did with Amethyst Ashe?

^ Want an answer

Fu da Shi

08-03-2012

I would love for this skins particles to change to yellow, although when i play malzahar i just pick a random skin and go with it.

Astrinel

Recruiter

09-04-2012

Quote:
Bitsplosion:
Basically this. Malz came out shortly after I started playing LoL and looong before I joined Riot. I can't speak from experience, but back then particle swaps were rare enough that recoloring every ability for a launch skin probably would have been insanity. Just goes to show how far we've come, eh? :]

Can Riot do a poll about it then? Let the community decide just like Lux's ultimate name.

Super Explosion

09-04-2012

Quote:
Bitsplosion:
Basically this. Malz came out shortly after I started playing LoL and looong before I joined Riot. I can't speak from experience, but back then particle swaps were rare enough that recoloring every ability for a launch skin probably would have been insanity. Just goes to show how far we've come, eh? :]

THAT BEAUTIFUL SHIMMERING GOLD WOULD LOOK GREAT.

Take it back.

And make those particles glisten like the desert sun in a cloud of diamonds.

ImproperDancing

11-30-2012

Why wouldn't the effects be white instead, keeping the black undertones? That would look even better, and a white Voidling would be so pro.

Phil Nye

11-30-2012

Quote:
Jortalus:
I think you're right. It's my favorite Malzahar skin. I decided to buy it when I realized that Malz is my new favorite mid, and I wouldn't change a thing. I like the contrast of his bright outfit to the darker magic he wields.

I like it too for this reason, gold + purple is a pretty awesome combination (very "Mardi Gras"/regal looking). Although I think maybe a mixture of the two in his particles would be pretty cool.

MugenNightmare

11-30-2012

Yellow no, gold yes