Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sneak Peek - Diana, the Scorn of the Moon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fruitbatpoosnack

07-26-2012

This champion is a total rip off. She is a near carbon copy of a forgotten realms deity. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eilistraee

They didn't even bother changing the name of her weapon! Eilistraee was killed by her own relic/blade called.... The Crescent Blade!!!!! SHOCKER!

I loved her and am glad she is now going to be around somewhere but geez why not just admit it and give her the right name and pay for the licensing?

KingWalla

07-26-2012

Quote:
Ishamael83:
This champion is a total rip off. She is a near carbon copy of a forgotten realms deity. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eilistraee

They didn't even bother changing the name of her weapon! Eilistraee was killed by her own relic/blade called.... The Crescent Blade!!!!! SHOCKER!

I loved her and am glad she is now going to be around somewhere but geez why not just admit it and give her the right name and pay for the licensing?

She's based off a Celtic moon goddess named Diana... who is probably the inspiration for your 'Eilistraee.'

Vex Force

07-26-2012

She sounds like my kinda champ because i enjoy playing Leona and if she is Leona's arch enemy then im sure to enjoy the evil shadow knight.

Paradoxors

07-26-2012

Quote:
KingWalla:
She has a khopesh... and she's designed after a Celtic goddess... I cannot support the Parrot under these circumstances. However, I am ever a proponent of balance and glad to see the moon getting some representation.

Celtic? No....diana is the ROMAn goddess of the hunt and the moon. Based off of the Greeks artemis.

Zylrie

07-26-2012

please ... do she gonna be a tank ?

Fruitbatpoosnack

07-26-2012

Quote:
KingWalla:
She's based off a Celtic moon goddess named Diana... who is probably the inspiration for your 'Eilistraee.'

You maybe correct but the similarities are very close to Eilistraee. Did Diana have a crescent blade? or just a sword? lol That's what nailed it for me.

joejoefred

Recruiter

07-26-2012

If she was an opposite shouldn't see be a ranged AD and be male?

Galahad5

07-26-2012

Wow new champ already? Can't wait to see her

Flaeb

07-26-2012

Please stop making new champions and just adjust your current ones. Eventually its gonna get to a point where youre gonna have so many to choose from, but only 40-50 are gonna be viable and the rest laughable or "trolling". Stop while you can.

Megnificent

07-26-2012

I swear, it's like Riot can read my mind... Keep it coming Riot, loving these new champions and their lore. <3