Ask Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valorans Outlaw

07-26-2012

Speaking of the Rakkor, I presume you grew up in the tribe? Was it a tough life? Did you face any challanges?

AskUdyr

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
I do not view myself about those I protect, you can never put a price on another persons life. Udyr, as a fighter, you have my respects, but I believe you are short sighted in your works. The true worth of a warrior is not how many heads they can chop off at once, not how many arrows they can sling in a bow, not how many people they can cut down before them, but how many people they can save. How many people they can spare, how many people they can send back home to people who love and care for them, and if my life comes at a cost to ensure that, then so be it. I would die a happy woman.
Then you die a silly woman. If they so wanted it, they would earn it themselves. If they wished to return to their families they would conjure the strength to do it themselves. If they wished to live, they should do it themselves. None of them will value courage over life if you fight for them. They will watch you die for their sake. They will not stand and fight with you. Those who fight with you, do not need your protection for you are equivalent in partnership. They do not deserve to live and they do not deserve your life. You say you cannot put a price on a life? Why make yours worthless then? Once you are dead, that is it. You are dead. Outside of the League, we mean. And outside of Necromancy.

If they want to live, if they want to go back to their loved ones, let them fight for it. Let them earn it. Because otherwise they do not deserve to live. As for the price of a life? It is quite simple to price. The price of anyone's life, worm or not, is life. Whether theirs is worth living, that is up to them.

Snowy Poro

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
Then you die a silly woman. If they so wanted it, they would earn it themselves. If they wished to return to their families they would conjure the strength to do it themselves. If they wished to live, they should do it themselves. None of them will value courage over life if you fight for them. They will watch you die for their sake. They will not stand and fight with you. Those who fight with you, do not need your protection for you are equivalent in partnership. They do not deserve to live and they do not deserve your life. You say you cannot put a price on a life? Why make yours worthless then? Once you are dead, that is it. You are dead. Outside of the League, we mean. And outside of Necromancy.

If they want to live, if they want to go back to their loved ones, let them fight for it. Let them earn it. Because otherwise they do not deserve to live. As for the price of a life? It is quite simple to price. The price of anyone's life, worm or not, is life. Whether theirs is worth living, that is up to them.
Do you not think the person wants to fight for their life? Do you no think the person wants to fight to see their loved ones again? The fact of the matter is, there are some who simply cannot, regardless if they want to, so you say we should just leave them to the wolves then? Have you no heart? No compassion? And yes, as you said, when you're dead, you're dead. However, giving your life for another is not making your own worthless. You gave someone else a chance to see the light of day again, and that is more than anyone could ask for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jayc View Post
Speaking of the Rakkor, I presume you grew up in the tribe? Was it a tough life? Did you face any challanges?
Yes. I was born in Rakkor, a very brutal tribe. I learned to fight the very moment I could hold a sword, every single day was a challenge in its self. Fights after fights, I never really enjoyed. I enjoyed stopping fights more than participating in them.. though my instructor warned me not to.. sometimes I think I should have listened.. the reason being for all the fighting is that due to Rakkors very limited supplies, when Rakkorian teens reach the age of 16 the have to go through something called "The right of Kor" where they fight to the death. A very brutal, but necessary act.. that is one of the reasons I joined to the League, to see if I can put an end to that.

Valorans Outlaw

07-26-2012

Sounds like a tough and disturbing life...

Snowy Poro

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jayc View Post
Sounds like a tough and disturbing life...
Indeed, but such is life. I suppose.

Drunk Reiora

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post

Perhaps you must protect those who cannot protect themselves yet, so they may rise up the way you want. So they may become strong in a future you can create for them.

There are those who claim they are the strongest mages around, and yet what can they protect? Absolutely nothing. What good is all your strength when all it can do is destroy and make things worse? When you can't even save those you love...

Dojel

07-26-2012

Also, some people do not choose to be protected. A true warden does not only protect those who accept his protection, but also those who refuse it. sometimes you have to give a man a fish, so he does not starve, before he can continue on learning to fish.

Snowy Poro

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Reiora View Post
Perhaps you must protect those who cannot protect themselves yet, so they may rise up the way you want. So they may become strong in a future you can create for them.

There are those who claim they are the strongest mages around, and yet what can they protect? Absolutely nothing. What good is all your strength when all it can do is destroy and make things worse? When you can't even save those you love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojel View Post
Also, some people do not choose to be protected. A true warden does not only protect those who accept his protection, but also those who refuse it. sometimes you have to give a man a fish, so he does not starve, before he can continue on learning to fish.

Truer words have never been said.
It relieves me to know there are others out there defending my cause.

Dojel

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
Truer words have never been said.
It relieves me to know there are others out there defending my cause.
Dojel's eyes turns blue as he realises that he is not able to truely live up to his words

Snowy Poro

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojel View Post
Dojel's eyes turns blue as he realises that he is not able to truely live up to his words
Leona raises an eyebrow

Is something wrong?