Are Tenacity Items Worth Getting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lazreal

08-02-2012

Yes they are good to get mid to late game, if being CC'd is a problem your having, and want different boots, Such as when I jungle with Hecarim and I get BOots of Swiftness and late game after building tanky I will turn my Philostone into Miracle, if need be.

Or when you get magic pen boots and don't wanna buy QSS you get the Moonblade

I played a few games as pantheon and talon, which Cloak and Dagger work pretty well.

Lazreal

08-03-2012

Play smarter and not harder, or get a quick silver sash.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

my friend swears by eleisia's miracle on amumu, since the mana regen lets him have his W on pretty much constantly.

the crit chance on cloak and dagger is pretty good too.

the only problem is, there's better stuff out there.

At least they're cheap

10000TeemoSkins

08-06-2012

boots of swiftness (movement speed 3) only givers 20 flat movespeed over mercury treads (movement speed 2)

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Movement_speed

they are really not that great which is the reason no one buys them.

if you really want movespeed for some reason, then you should take movespeed quints and masteries.

also amumu doesnt need movespeed. he just needs to land a good q+r when his team is there.

cho is just a bad champion imo.

Iliketurtle

08-06-2012

they are fierce but they need to build further for sure

axesandspears

08-06-2012

Tenacity items are fine......The effect is not something that you want on an end-game item.

The "problem" is that they are all less convenient than Merc Treads because Boots are restricted to a tier 2 slot anyway. The non-boot tenacity items are actually better considering their stats for the cost, and most would be recognized as better if not for the slot limit.

XCodes

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Armor0 View Post
my friend swears by eleisia's miracle on amumu, since the mana regen lets him have his W on pretty much constantly.

the crit chance on cloak and dagger is pretty good too.

the only problem is, there's better stuff out there.

At least they're cheap
Show your friend Chalice of Harmony and watch them **** bricks.

Seriously, more mana/5 when it counts and MR, which a tank like Amumu needs, packed into a cheaper package with an upgrade path.

I Am Zyra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Stop buying Boots of Swiftness. You're paying so much to only slightly surpass Boots2. They are the worst boots, all others have a place. MS quints are good, and on Amumu, boots of mobility are good early game and you sell them later for mercs/tabi