Ranked: No Jungle Vs Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

07-25-2012

Just spectated a Ranked game in which one team had a jungler and the other team didn't.

The jungler was shut down everytime he appeared in a lane.
20 minutes into the game the team without a jungler was leading in kills by 3 to 1.
At 19kills to 6, the team with the Almighty Jungler surrendered.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Ah, the man that hates Junglers in his AI games. We meet again.

Vizzlepeez

07-25-2012

So he was a bad jungler? This doesnt prove much to me

gvaness

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Ahn Nee View Post
Just spectated a Ranked game in which one team had a jungler and the other team didn't.

The jungler was shut down everytime he appeared in a lane.
20 minutes into the game the team without a jungler was leading in kills by 3 to 1.
At 19kills to 6, the team with the Almighty Jungler surrendered.
Sample size of 1, case closed.

TeknoWizard

07-25-2012

It basically works like this:

-Duo top normally means your team wins that lane in the beginning. The other laner will be very far down in farm, and won't contribute much. It's basically a guaranteed won lane.

-Having a jungler gives every lane an option to win.

So if you think winning top hard is enough to win the game, then it could work.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post

-Duo top normally means your team wins that lane in the beginning. The other laner will be very far down in farm, and won't contribute much. It's basically a guaranteed won lane.

So if you think winning top hard is enough to win the game, then it could work.

-Duo top means that the duo lane loses out on experience and both end up meh farmed while the enemy safely farms under turret and has more farm than both. A few ganks from jungler leads to a kill here or there... or no ganks and he just farms safely (Cho'Gath, Teemo, Nasus, etc etc).

-If the enemy has no jungler, you basically have access to TWO buffs. You can give your mid blue buff while your jungler still has it. You can give your solo top/AD carry a red buff for permanent slow and DoT.

So, if you think that having a duo lane could work, this is true... It just means that the enemy solo top wasn't a very good solo top since he couldn't duo.

gvaness

07-25-2012

Quick Rawr is correct in what I've seen. (Admittedly a small number of games)

We've even gone further than that. With no enemy jungle, they jungler can get most of his farm from their area. Top can farm under tower, then push a bit and slip down just long enough to get camp or two of the jungle on top of what he was getting under the tower, especially after a gank.

No enemy jungle also means their buffs are usually controlled by you. Ganking is easier and safer since a counter gank isn't a worry.

The 2v1 hardship is easily worth the price to gain all the benefits to having the only jungler.

CawkBeefSandwich

07-25-2012

I got called a noob when me and my friends did a 5v5 draft pick and didn't jungle. To be fair every time the jungler came to gank top lane, me and my friend would murder him AND the solo top. Apparently that makes us noobs.

We also didn't push the tower til each of us was about level 10ish, since early tower destruction is not good.

mambawarrior

07-25-2012

I've never done badly as a 1v2 top. 2 people against 1 person=they get half gold and about 2/3 experience.
I've never done badly jungling when there were 2 top either.
sadly, I can't jungle and top at once though, so I have to deal with people who claim it's impossible to go jungler vs. no jungler and win.

EzraTwitch

07-25-2012

Have to be built for it. Its possible to take Top lane out of the game completely in a 2v1 lane as long you send the tools to do the job.

A good example of this is Gangplank Support+Pantheon. Both can single target harass at range with out pushing the creep wave. Additionally, when running with out a jungler you WARD your buffs. and they just go to your lanes instead of your jungler.

2v1 Basically only works if the 2 can hardcore zone the 1 and you have to run very specific champs to do this.