I became at SR because of Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SKT1 Seto Kaiba

08-06-2012

I don't think I would of become better SR if it wasn't for Dom.

You know why? It teaches how to itemize and build to COUNTER.

Thank you Dom.

**** the title is supposed to be.

I became better at SR because of Dom

I was in a match while doing this thread.

NamKim

08-06-2012

Playing Dominion helped me be better at those "WTF is going on?" team fights.

Best thing about Dominion, there is a teamfight at the Windmill within the first two-three minutes of the game.

The only time SR got that type of excitement is if you are invading someone's jungle.

larkhill

08-06-2012

as a support player, dom makes me a lot worse on SR during laning phase. its actually kinda funny. i tried playing sona on SR when she was buffed recently and i ended up being way too aggressive and pushing the lane. i also forget how to ward properly and timers for things.

it does help me when i play other roles tho.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

xD LArkhill is right i didn't play Sr for 4 months and since i'm the kind of oblivious and forgetty person when i got on my first sr game after all that time with friends not so long ago i got a Dorans ring on taric XD everyone on my team was, Taric, get wards and i was like o_O? wtf is a ward?, it felt rather funny because before Dominion came out i only played support xD.. so being so ufamiliarized with something i used to do on a daily basis was.. i can't describe it xD.
needless to say the enemy jugler capitalized on the early unwarded bush and we got ganked before i could go back to bu, nt my entire fault though, the friend i was supporting at that game is the kind of guy that thinks he can get a tower at level 2 and pushes dangerously far xD.

on topic: Dominion does make you better at teamfights as you get less get confused the more you fight and become less afraid of dying and feeding which is a reason many summonner's rift games are lost, people raging at some teammate for X reason so he decides not to throw himself on the teamfight so he doesn't feed and they don't rage and then ending up letting his team on a 4v5.

Shaik

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiepirate View Post
I don't think I would of become better SR if it wasn't for Dom.

You know why? It teaches how to itemize and build to COUNTER.

Thank you Dom.

**** the title is supposed to be.

I became better at SR because of Dom

I was in a match while doing this thread.
You've yet to become good at making threads, look at your title. How can we take your word that you're actually good at a game?

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
as a support player, dom makes me a lot worse on SR during laning phase. its actually kinda funny. i tried playing sona on SR when she was buffed recently and i ended up being way too aggressive and pushing the lane. i also forget how to ward properly and timers for things.

it does help me when i play other roles tho.
Warding is something you just remember, same with timers. Thankfully support doesn't have to say when dragon/baron dies anymore. That got annoying.

NamKim

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnalis View Post
Warding is something you just remember, same with timers. Thankfully support doesn't have to say when dragon/baron dies anymore. That got annoying.
I do not know if you knew this but Riot added a feature onto wards where you see a little bar showing how much time a ward has left now. It took a lot of the thinking out of warding. Which is good for me since I used to have to ward when the timer ended in :00 or :30 in order to make it easy to remember when a ward would expire.

Also, I still write the time down when Baron or Dragon was killed. Personally, I think everyone could do this but whatever.

I think with the current meta, one Faerie Charm and wards are the common beginning build for supports.

Ardnalis

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I do not know if you knew this but Riot added a feature onto wards where you see a little bar showing how much time a ward has left now. It took a lot of the thinking out of warding.
I'm aware; you used to have to click on the wards.

NamKim

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnalis View Post
I'm aware; you used to have to click on the wards.
Yeah...I discovered that about a few days before they added that change.

lbgsloan

08-07-2012

Eh, it improved my ability to build and fight other champions but my last hitting ability has gone way down. I get impatient standing there waiting for minions to poke each other to 5% life, forgetting that the first 20 minutes of SR is about CS and only CS. You can die twice, but it doesn't really matter much if you're 20 CS ahead. I can't go back, I can probably only tolerate Dominion and Proving Grounds at this point.