Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low elo jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

07-25-2012

Hey all. I just had a question about jungling at lower level ELOs. I know that for competitive play, Trundle is considered a strong jungler just because he's an excellent counter jungler and can do it safely because he disengage at will. Skarner is also considered a good jungle just because he's so freaking tanky and his teamfight initiate is top notch.

I'm finding, however, that in normals and lower elos (~12-1300 in ranked) these champions don't seem to be as useful as some of the more CC or DPS focused junglers like Shyvana, Jax, Nocturne etc.

I'm not sure if I'm not playing Skarner or Trundle right, but it just seems like neither of them do nearly enough damage during the laning phase to ensure successful ganks. Even if you catch a stupidly over-extending laner by surprise, your friendly laner is usually sleeping or is oom due to spamming. Sure, you force the enemy out of lane, but with Shyvana, if you come up from behind an enemy laner with 2/3 health, they're usually gonna die because he whole kit causes damage.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alexfrog

07-25-2012

You need the damage from your teammates in lane to gank successfully. Also identify the most gankable lanes (pushed, enemy champ is poor at escaping) and focus gank attempts there.
Before coming in, tell your teammate you are coming. Then, ping the enemy champion in the lane a few seconds before going in. This will alert your teammate, especially in low ELO. Note that its still important to do this in higher ELOs, communicating with your team helps a lot.

Especially in lower ELOs or normals, I would recommend building one damage item first on these champs. (Which one is best depends on your champion. Something in the 2k range probably like Wit's End. Then get tanky).