Playing bd zil on my smurf

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboinker

07-25-2012

Get flamed every game... while carry every game. So fun to play Zil but so hard in solo que because people at mid elo don't understand his purpose. Even if you try and explain still flame and don't listen to stratergy.

LadysKnight

07-25-2012

It's not that people don't understand it, it's that in the early game, many teams cannot be aggressive enough to accomodate this style. Everybody on your team has to roam too because if the enemy comes anywhere in force, I guarantee that they will have superior numbers and strength until the roamers arrive. BD Zil is fine if you know when to help your team a little or defend. Don't just walk the other way all game because a slow here and a boost there can mean the difference in whether or not a teammate gets there in time or if they are now fighting 3v1

Ardenor

07-25-2012

Hi Shaboinker,

I was watching when your Jayce teammate threatened repeatedly to report you for failing to communicate and suggesting that you weren't participating like a team player. Having watched the game in its entirety, I can honestly say that you did try to educate your teammates about how you intended to win the game and what they needed to do to support your strategy to its fullest. But even in victory, frustration and resentment remained.

A week or so ago, I had an opportunity to play with POOTERSS on my team. Like you, POOTERSS was very candid and upfront with us about how he intended to win with his BD Zilean. During the game, he went to great lengths trying to direct everyone on my team to capitalize on the opportunities he'd create for us. Unfortunately, we lost, and POOTERSS seemed to draw the ire of most of my teammates. One of them even threatened to report him for trolling.

The thing about BD Zilean is you depend on your teammates watching the map, monitoring your movements, and taking advantage of your distractions. Everyone needs to be on board. If not, you're going to draw a lot of resentment from your teammates when they're constantly fighting outnumbered and losing team battles, even if your strategy is producing results elsewhere on the map.

Heck, I've had instances of teammates threatening to report Shaco for spending too much time backdooring and less time participating in team fights. And Zilean's a lot more blatant about backdooring than Shaco is.

Tread carefully and best of luck to you.

Shaboinker

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadysKnight View Post
It's not that people don't understand it, it's that in the early game, many teams cannot be aggressive enough to accomodate this style. Everybody on your team has to roam too because if the enemy comes anywhere in force, I guarantee that they will have superior numbers and strength until the roamers arrive. BD Zil is fine if you know when to help your team a little or defend. Don't just walk the other way all game because a slow here and a boost there can mean the difference in whether or not a teammate gets there in time or if they are now fighting 3v1
That is not the issues I play a great Zil. I know most situations. The issue is people flame because THEY DON"T UNDERSTAND how to play with a zil.

Shaboinker

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenor View Post
Hi Shaboinker,

I was watching when your Jayce teammate threatened repeatedly to report you for failing to communicate and suggesting that you weren't participating like a team player. Having watched the game in its entirety, I can honestly say that you did try to educate your teammates about how you intended to win the game and what they needed to do to support your strategy to its fullest. But even in victory, frustration and resentment remained.

A week or so ago, I had an opportunity to play with POOTERSS on my team. Like you, POOTERSS was very candid and upfront with us about how he intended to win with his BD Zilean. During the game, he went to great lengths trying to direct everyone on my team to capitalize on the opportunities he'd create for us. Unfortunately, we lost, and POOTERSS seemed to draw the ire of most of my teammates. One of them even threatened to report him for trolling.

The thing about BD Zilean is you depend on your teammates watching the map, monitoring your movements, and taking advantage of your distractions. Everyone needs to be on board. If not, you're going to draw a lot of resentment from your teammates when they're constantly fighting outnumbered and losing team battles, even if your strategy is producing results elsewhere on the map.

Heck, I've had instances of teammates threatening to report Shaco for spending too much time backdooring and less time participating in team fights. And Zilean's a lot more blatant about backdooring than Shaco is.

Thank you

LadysKnight

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenor View Post
Hi Shaboinker,

I'd like to point out something you said here though. The entire team has to be on board. If they're not, maybe they don't know what you're doing can work but you can't be obtuse and continue on as you were. The object is to win and sometimes you have to accomadate the team in order for them to try and accomadate you later

FDru

07-25-2012

You don't understand Zilean's purpose. He's not a backdoor champ, he's a mobile support that's extremely good at ensuring fights are won with his permasnares, speed boosts and ults. His early game AOE damage is also very good.

Of course your team is going to be pissed when you waste your time backdooring instead of teamfighting. Backdooring is a situational strategy, it's not to be done full time.

MyDeadGrandma

07-25-2012

Is your smurf's name eso4gm?

Yeh, you ****ed us really bad in a game today. If you're gonna pull **** like that, inform us in champ select so we can either accommodate or queue dodge.

You know you're doing bad when the enemy team agrees to report you.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Zil is AP/support. Not backdoorer, I can tell you that the POOTERS junk doesn't work 9/10 times because Frozen mallet, Triforce will wreck you in the face. Backdooring all day only works on teams that like to afk defend top point, against a team heavily focused in jungle, you're going to lose very badly.

Why? It means they have control of speed shrines, and your forced to rely solely on your MS items.

Shaboinker

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
You don't understand Zilean's purpose. He's not a backdoor champ, he's a mobile support that's extremely good at ensuring fights are won with his permasnares, speed boosts and ults. His early game AOE damage is also very good.

Of course your team is going to be pissed when you waste your time backdooring instead of teamfighting. Backdooring is a situational strategy, it's not to be done full time.
You don't understand zil purpose. With this build you don't get q until lvl 14. That is not my job. You rarely if ever want to fight with team. Don't come in here talking when you don't know.

12345 ... 6