Dual Monitor Bug.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffeKtioNz

07-25-2012

I've been looking around the forums to see wether anyone has fixed the dual monitor bug?

What is it? When you enter a game of LoL the whole game just shift's up into the top left hand corner only showing the bottom right hand corner of the LoL game.

I've just been fixing it by maximizing it via the task manager but it's becoming a real pain, so I was wondering what can I do to fix this.

Everything has updated, Checked forums, FAQ and Wrenchman's help.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-25-2012

There is no bug with the client related to Dual monitors, I use dual monitors to play and it works just fine.

Most likely this is a settings issue, either with your in-game resolution causing the monitor's to shift.

l33t

07-25-2012

sorry. you're wrong Aregionius. A bug exists for this. It doesn't happen all the time, and I believe it has something to do with what window, program, action is done when the loading screen preloads. I have even seen this problem on laptops with only one monitor.

@OP, they have yet to fix this after a year of reports.

Solaris17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2012

huh but your settings are full screen? /running native rez?

Argothes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffeKtioNz View Post
I've been looking around the forums to see wether anyone has fixed the dual monitor bug?

What is it? When you enter a game of LoL the whole game just shift's up into the top left hand corner only showing the bottom right hand corner of the LoL game.

I've just been fixing it by maximizing it via the task manager but it's becoming a real pain, so I was wondering what can I do to fix this.

Everything has updated, Checked forums, FAQ and Wrenchman's help.
I use dual monitors and I ran into this problem once because I run League in windowed mode. The easiest way I know to fix the problem is to emulate full-screen mode. To do this, download a program called ShiftWindow, it's free and easy to use, and it should fix your problems. If you'd rather not download anything, insure that your resolution is correct and that your display is set to Full Screen or Borderless.

l33t

07-25-2012

my settings were borderless mode. also happened in full screen mode on the single screen laptop

we shouldn't have to use other programs to emulate full screen.

l33t

07-25-2012

But yes, it also happens in borderless for my Argothes. i wish they would fix this. annoying as hell to switch to full screen just to switch back to borderless to fix it.

l33t

07-25-2012

bump

Prince Kristoff

07-25-2012

quick fix for this, Alt+Tab out click the icon on tool bar to get back on. yeah it's a temp solution for a bigger problem but, it's the easy way around it. And if you can't move and controls aren't responding just quit the game and come back in! Works! Yeah it's a hassle! but hey free game is free =)

DemBaits

Recruiter

07-25-2012

It happens to me sometimes too. Basically, if I click on something on my second monitor right as a game is launching it'll do it.

My fix:

Wait for the game to load.
Hit Alt+Enter to make the game go full screen.
You will then need to go into the video settings to set it back to Windowed Borderless mode.

Hope this helps.

-Sabrii