Want to win games in 3s? Play Darius!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fearsicle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
Darius is OP. And i have never lost to Darius.
What do you play? and do you top lane? I ask because your name suggests otherwise.

Fearsicle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
I don't understand how you can claim Darius was the catalyst. Based on the damage dealt, Darius and Fizz were just about equal while Olaf was was ahead for their team. You're claiming that a loss on a team, which you openly admit played terribly, was caused completely by having a Darius against you.... While the Darius did average, at best. You've played games where them having a Darius have won people games? Definitely couldn't be that they just played better? I played against a Lulu that just decimated us, does that mean Lulu is the reason we lost or that their team was just better?

You've said multiple times now that you guys were this huge amount ahead on farm, but they had 31.7 k at the end of the game while you guys had 27.7 k. So you lost a game where you had two teammates who you admit did poorly, you were down by 4k at the end of the game, their Darius had the least amount of kills, and you were the only member of your team with some even remotely viable defensive items... but all of this adds up to Darius being the game changing OP champion that ruins lives, devours souls, and sets the world on fire every match? Every time I see one of these threads someone has just lost to a Darius and very rarely did that Darius even end up that far above 1:1. The one you played against went 3-2 yesterday with Darius, shouldn't he have gone 5-0 purely by playing him?

If Darius really was able to dominate most everyone you would assume he would be banned in ranked, correct? While I am only at 1600 we play games a lot and maybe 1/10 games does he get banned, and even when he isn't he's rarely picked.
At the end they were destroying us. Kills obviously count for something, but halfway through our farm was much greater due to all the dragons taken. But as the game went into the late they kept destroying Vayne since she kept getting caught and Zilean just couldn't do much either.

The point I was trying to make here wasn't that this one unique game makes Darius op but that he is just op in general. Which he is, if he wasn't do you think there'd be "these threads" always popping up? He's a tank that outputs insane damage just because he can. And people can be cocky and die with Darius, that doesn't mean that if you play him you can always go "5-0" but what it does mean is that if you play him your odds are much higher than most other champs in TT as long as you can grasp the basics of LoL gameplay.

Lorthix

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearsicle View Post
At the end they were destroying us. Kills obviously count for something, but halfway through our farm was much greater due to all the dragons taken. But as the game went into the late they kept destroying Vayne since she kept getting caught and Zilean just couldn't do much either.

The point I was trying to make here wasn't that this one unique game makes Darius op but that he is just op in general. Which he is, if he wasn't do you think there'd be "these threads" always popping up? He's a tank that outputs insane damage just because he can. And people can be cocky and die with Darius, that doesn't mean that if you play him you can always go "5-0" but what it does mean is that if you play him your odds are much higher than most other champs in TT as long as you can grasp the basics of LoL gameplay.
So playing Lee Sin, Jax, Singed, Tryn, Shaco, Morgana, Kennen, Rumble in TT don't give you high odds of winning? You may have been attempting to make that point but all you did was use one game to attempt to claim that someone is over powered. "These threads" aren't always popping up, its just people like you who have one game against them and lose go through and bump every single one they can find. The exact same threads can be found for just about any champion for weeks or months after their release until people actually play them and learn their strengths and weaknesses. If he actually did give you a higher chance to win why wouldn't everyone play him in ranked to get higher? Sorry to keep posting but it is insanely annoying to have people just spam these threads, just bump other ones no needs to make a new one everytime you lose.

OnlyBotLane

07-25-2012

Fearsicle I cannot quote your post for some reeason. Forums bugging? I mostly play top and tanky DPS. Occasionally I play AP and jungle though.

When I made this account I mostly played support on 5v5s. Now it is just kinda Ironic.

Boo

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
If he actually did give you a higher chance to win why wouldn't everyone play him in ranked to get higher?
he's banned a lot in ranked

Lorthix

07-25-2012

Odd, I can't quote atm for some reason. But from my experience, only 1600, I rarely ever see him banned or picked. Don't really ever see him banned or picked on Babeeq or 408's streams either.

Byakkychan

07-25-2012

I won many Darius, maybe they're just bad, mostly he got kite to death after he miss his E.

Infirc

07-25-2012

Darius is actually a real problem on any map i have had situations in both tt and murder bridge where *someone plays skarner*
*skarner impales Darius and drags them to the team*
*team focuses darius and isn't able to kill him, not yet*
*Darius pulls a double kill, sometimes even a triple after being dragged*
*team finally kills Darius*

Worth it?, heck no, it only shows that this is a really poorly balanced champion that shouldn't have a scaling true damage nuke that resets, if the riot staff members really want to keep the reset, they either should eliminate the Ad scaling or lower the base damage to 240 or 300 at the highest rank or both.
how is it possible and not op that the best situation for "coming on top" of Darius, is him getting a doublekill after being chain cced.
i mean some Darius even use their ultimates before someone is in the hp to kill them and let them die with his passive and w spam, most of the Darius players i have faced and asked why have told me that the thought proccessbehind it is this , "meh it's on a short cd and avaliable every team fight despite putitng it on cd, and even if i enter cd on my ultimate i will kill my target anyways."

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearsicle View Post
The sarcasm in your post is astounding.
The blame in all of yours is just as astounding?

Also, Darius has so many reliable counters it's silly. It's a real **** shoot playing him in solo queue.

EDIT:
Also, a well timed tumble, or Riven Q or Shen taunt or Rene dash etc. negates his pull. Totally overrides it as if it has no effect. They doesn't even pull towarsd Darius then dash away, they just don't get hooked since the TP bug fix.

Fearsicle

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
The blame in all of yours is just as astounding?

Also, Darius has so many reliable counters it's silly. It's a real **** shoot playing him in solo queue.

Also, a well timed tumble, or Riven Q or Shen taunt or Rene dash etc. negates his pull. Totally overrides it as if it has no effect. They doesn't even pull towarsd Darius then dash away, they just don't get hooked since the TP bug fix.
Lol what counters? And oh no! He missed his one chance ever to kill somebody with a combo!? WHATEVER WILL DARIUS DO?!!1 Except wait 17 or so seconds to do it again.