Want to win games in 3s? Play Darius!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fearsicle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

I just finished playing a game where I had complete jungle control as Lee Sin, took every single Dragon (5 total) took all the buffs every time.

Also outlaned the Darius in the early and mid game. But since he bought two damage items, Phage and Dorans Blade, he single handedly won the game. Destroyed our team just by being tanky and being able to output ridiculous damage.

I know this is just another one of 'those threads' but honestly this is ****ing stupid. Why somebody thought putting a champion like that into this game would be a good idea is beyond me, but it is just so aggravating.

BryAallDay

07-25-2012

Most of the TT community agrees with you; he's egregiously overpowered on this map, and really just in general. There's not enough people in 3v3 to shut him down in teamfights so he's allowed to EWQR combo everybody and easily kill them.

Really, he's just poorly balanced.

Fearsicle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryAallDay View Post
Most of the TT community agrees with you; he's egregiously overpowered on this map, and really just in general. There's not enough people in 3v3 to shut him down in teamfights so he's allowed to EWQR combo everybody and easily kill them.

Really, he's just poorly balanced.
I completely agree, just to give some more information it was myself, Zilean* and Vayne against Darius, Olaf, and Fizz. The teams were even though we had a ridiculously higher amount of farm due to the dragons I took. The sad thing is that they never even could contest them because I had it timed so well and could do it by myself while my teammates pushed them away from our turrets. But they didn't need to try contesting them because as I said, Darius is a thing.

Axil

07-25-2012

why is everyone somad
darius sucks lol

Lorthix

07-25-2012

You were against two champions that deal true damage. But you for some reason think that Darius is what completely changed the game even though he was only 2/3? I would say it was more of a matter of your Vayne going 4/10 and building absolutely no defenses against a team that can close on her extremely easily. Them having a Darius isn't what caused your loss, your team did

Fearsicle

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
You were against two champions that deal true damage. But you for some reason think that Darius is what completely changed the game even though he was only 2/3? I would say it was more of a matter of your Vayne going 4/10 and building absolutely no defenses against a team that can close on her extremely easily. Them having a Darius isn't what caused your loss, your team did
Then Darius was a catalyst, but I cling to the belief that he was a huge factor in the loss which he was, we would have to all pounce on him to do damage while he just melted anyone that wasn't myself and even still his allied Fizz was dirt, landing maybe 2 of 12 ultimates casted. They played badly but having a Darius let them avoid a loss where any other champion would've made it an easy win for my team, and yes the Vayne was terrible. She openly admitted to ruining the game for us but that doesn't change the fact that this isn't the first game i've played where just having a Darius has won people games. I don't believe that because you pick one champion you should be able to dominate almost every other one. And Darius defies that logic.

Especially when the gap is so large that even greater farm throughout the entire game has no effect.

Lorthix

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearsicle View Post
Then Darius was a catalyst, but I cling to the belief that he was a huge factor in the loss which he was, we would have to all pounce on him to do damage while he just melted anyone that wasn't myself and even still his allied Fizz was dirt, landing maybe 2 of 12 ultimates casted. They played badly but having a Darius let them avoid a loss where any other champion would've made it an easy win for my team, and yes the Vayne was terrible. She openly admitted to ruining the game for us but that doesn't change the fact that this isn't the first game i've played where just having a Darius has won people games. I don't believe that because you pick one champion you should be able to dominate almost every other one. And Darius defies that logic.

Especially when the gap is so large that even greater farm throughout the entire game has no effect.
I don't understand how you can claim Darius was the catalyst. Based on the damage dealt, Darius and Fizz were just about equal while Olaf was was ahead for their team. You're claiming that a loss on a team, which you openly admit played terribly, was caused completely by having a Darius against you.... While the Darius did average, at best. You've played games where them having a Darius have won people games? Definitely couldn't be that they just played better? I played against a Lulu that just decimated us, does that mean Lulu is the reason we lost or that their team was just better?

You've said multiple times now that you guys were this huge amount ahead on farm, but they had 31.7 k at the end of the game while you guys had 27.7 k. So you lost a game where you had two teammates who you admit did poorly, you were down by 4k at the end of the game, their Darius had the least amount of kills, and you were the only member of your team with some even remotely viable defensive items... but all of this adds up to Darius being the game changing OP champion that ruins lives, devours souls, and sets the world on fire every match? Every time I see one of these threads someone has just lost to a Darius and very rarely did that Darius even end up that far above 1:1. The one you played against went 3-2 yesterday with Darius, shouldn't he have gone 5-0 purely by playing him?

If Darius really was able to dominate most everyone you would assume he would be banned in ranked, correct? While I am only at 1600 we play games a lot and maybe 1/10 games does he get banned, and even when he isn't he's rarely picked.

BraveryBeyond

07-25-2012

Quote:
I completely agree, just to give some more information it was myself, Zilean* and Vayne against Darius, Olaf, and Fizz.
Well, there's problem #1. From a pure metagame standpoint, they win through a better team composition. TT is about building tanky and having champions with good base damage or abilities to avoid defensive items. Both Olaf and Darius deal true damage and can build tanky to improve their damage. Fizz is in the same boat, being able to rely of Rod of Ages.

Quote:
Then Darius was a catalyst, but I cling to the belief that he was a huge factor in the loss which he was, we would have to all pounce on him to do damage while he just melted anyone that wasn't myself...
Yes! Exactly! Focus the champion that's building the most damage mitigation on the team so we can kill him faster! Clearly not what the other team wants you to do at all so Olaf can run around and true damage everyone to his heart's content and let Fizz hop around and reduce your healing potential while nuking your team. Any other strategy would just be silly.

Quote:
...and yes the Vayne was terrible.
The fact that a carry, (who needs to do well and farm to do anything) who are already poor choices in TT, (because carries need to build straight damage and TT is about having good base damage an outlasting opponents, thus needing to be extra good) admitted she was doing poorly couldn't have possibly been more of a debilitating factor tha that Darius. No way.

Quote:
Except the farm was all on the wrong people. If Zilean had ample farm, it isn't going to help your team because he either puts it into AP which makes him squishy, or puts it into tank and isn't a threat with only one sub-par damage skill. You composed into relying on Vayne for damage, who did poorly and wouldn't have the farm she needed to be viable in fights.

You didn't lose because Darius is awesome sauce, you lost because you ignored fundamental game mechanics in TT.

OnlyBotLane

07-25-2012

Darius is OP. And i have never lost to Darius.

Fearsicle

07-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveryBeyond View Post
Well, there's problem #1. From a pure metagame standpoint, they win through a better team composition. TT is about building tanky and having champions with good base damage or abilities to avoid defensive items. Both Olaf and Darius deal true damage and can build tanky to improve their damage. Fizz is in the same boat, being able to rely of Rod of Ages.

Yes! Exactly! Focus the champion that's building the most damage mitigation on the team so we can kill him faster! Clearly not what the other team wants you to do at all so Olaf can run around and true damage everyone to his heart's content and let Fizz hop around and reduce your healing potential while nuking your team. Any other strategy would just be silly.

The fact that a carry, (who needs to do well and farm to do anything) who are already poor choices in TT, (because carries need to build straight damage and TT is about having good base damage an outlasting opponents, thus needing to be extra good) admitted she was doing poorly couldn't have possibly been more of a debilitating factor tha that Darius. No way.

Except the farm was all on the wrong people. If Zilean had ample farm, it isn't going to help your team because he either puts it into AP which makes him squishy, or puts it into tank and isn't a threat with only one sub-par damage skill. You composed into relying on Vayne for damage, who did poorly and wouldn't have the farm she needed to be viable in fights.

You didn't lose because Darius is awesome sauce, you lost because you ignored fundamental game mechanics in TT.
I don't choose my allys champions for them, they picked what they wanted and I took it as that. I worked with what I could and did the best I could by getting Dragons and so on, but yes the Vayne pick was dumb and Zilean same boat. We didn't continuously focus Darius, I was simply saying that if we wanted to kill him it would've taken all of us.

The sarcasm in your post is astounding.