You should be allowed to assign bots to lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bylobog44

07-26-2012

In a recent patch (Jayce or Zyra) it was changed so that bots observe what lane you choose (prior to minions spawning) and alter their assignment.

If you go mid lane, they won't. If you want to jungle be sure you go to the jungle up top (blue) or bottom (red) lane.

Neoman321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

I do believe that if you are in a lane before the minions spawn the bots will go to a different lane but after that they won't change.

EDIT: Just noticed that someone already said it.

Muddy Vayne

07-26-2012

A friend of mine brought that to my attention the day after I made this thread, but I still feel that you should be able to assign bots to specific lanes.
Through watching streams, I've gotten used to sticking around in the fountain until after minions spawn to get that fourth healing pot, just to see that I lost my lane to a bot.

On the other hand, I'd love to try a game where it's 1v5 mid, me against 5 bots, and my suggestion would allow you to set this up.
As for pinging or somehow alerting your bot teammates to prioritize certain parts of the map (or use caution at), this would be a great addition to custom games. It allows players to get a better feel of teamwork before they start playing alongside humans (let's face it, some players have a tendency to refuse to work as a team so those matches are not always the best place to learn).