You should be allowed to assign bots to lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muddy Vayne

07-24-2012

Every time a new champ comes out I practice them in custom games with/against bots because my computer isn't as fast as the people who instalock the new champ in normal and co-op vs AI.
One thing that bugs the heck out of me is the fact that you cannot assign bots on your team to specific lanes. I just had to remake a game twice because the first game Sivir bot went mid, the second game LEONA bot went mid. This is frustrating because it's a waste of time to have to remake because of bots that normally wouldn't start in certain lanes happen to do so.

What I propose is create a new menu that, when creating bots on either of the teams, you can assign which lane they start in. This will solve some unnecessary frustration for players that like to practice new champions against bots without being forced into co-op vs AI.

Parthonaxx

07-24-2012

I am upvoting and bumping your post because you aren't one of those idiots who locks in ranked and says "First time Orianna".

Ty for learning champ mechanics in a few bot games first.

Well, that, and it's a good idea.

Shadily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

support. I'd do bot matches if we got this tbh. I just can't stand the people who autolock a new champ in bots or normal queues.

Vizzlepeez

07-25-2012

I totally autolock new champs in normals but that isnt the point lol.

I think its a good idea becuz u would get situational practice along with practicing mechanics.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

I support!

darn, if only I could practice my jungling without worrying about how I ruin other people's game..

Míley Dyrus

07-25-2012

I also wouldn't mind if bots actually responded to pings.

Creepy4

07-25-2012

Oh how much I'd love for this to be possible.

Can't tell you how many times my bot teammates have arranged themselves poorly (leaving Skarner against two long-range champions he can't even reach in time to attack, Taric trying to mid against Fiddlesticks, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
I also wouldn't mind if bots actually responded to pings.
Also this. Perhaps bots could respond to special pings made with Alt or something, and ignore normal pings (kinda like how Shaco moves his clones, except on the minimap).

Riot, please say you're listening. Pretty please?

Alreich

07-25-2012

I can't even begin to express how much I agree, my GF only plays LoL with me if we do custom bot games and she always wants to be mid but ya know, bots. I think this would really get her more into the game

Gnomis Pervertus

07-25-2012

Huh, odd. In my last two custom games with bots on my team, they went everywhere but mid. And I was jungling(hey, gotta learn somehow). But I do agree.

Also, bots should be "smarter". Me 1v2ing four feet away from my four bot allies that are clearing a creepwave... should draw them to the fight... that I obviously lost.

Muddy Vayne

07-26-2012

I think the main reason behind bots not being "smart" is that they're just beginner bots in custom games, there is no intermediate option in the drop down menu (why have a menu with only one option?). With all these improvements to intermediates and nerfs to beginners, custom games really aren't giving players the experience of learning their champ outside of simply learning what abilities do what.