Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Player,Looking for the right champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnage36

09-08-2010

I'm fairly new(about a week) and so far im really enjoying ranged combat.i am currently saving up ip to buy Vladimir.But i'm not sure how he does in game over all.I am going to wait until hes free to play before i buy him.How is he compared to other nuker/mage type champions and is he worth the 6300 ip?So far i only enjoy 3v3 and not very good at all in 5v5(maybe because I'm not skilled enough).The past week i have played with ryze but i noticed later in game he wasn't what i expected as in damage wise.In the end I'm looking for a mage/nuker that is ranged that will get the job done.Help will be very much appreciated.

-Carnage

Waterga

Recruiter

09-08-2010

Vlad is considered to be very powerful and he isn't difficult to play either. I think he is a good choice.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

09-08-2010

The thing about ryze is most of his skills are needed to be at melee ranged for full effectiveness (spell flux + desperate power combo), and his ap ratios aren't as good as other burst casters. This is why other casters like annie, veigar, and anivia outshine him.

I consider vlad to be a heavy caster who has sustained damage due to tides of blood and transfusion, it is generally better to build him more focused on ap, because the returns on health as not as good as ability power. I strongly recommend a rylai's though.

PaperTree

Recruiter

09-09-2010

Vlad deals more sustained dps than nuking. He will deal more damage overall but in a longer time period. Also he is extremely good at supporting his own team. He can increase the damage they do and slow all enemies in an AoE. He is a vlad good champion, but has a different playstyle from the standard caster.If you want to play a full nuker, annie is the way to go. She is one of the best mages in the game and can AoE stun everyone for 1.75s. Also due to being a nuker she deals a high amount of damage.

Kroghar

09-09-2010

Still new myself so take other guys advice over mine.

I have been playing Vlad myself though, and as the other said he's more sustained damage and survivability than nuking. He doesn't really get a powerful nuke spell in the late game. Annie and Veigar are some of the best at nuking from what I hear. I've played both a little. Annie is a little more one dimensional, but she has a very strong, spammable ranged attack that scales up, is good at farming, and her ultimate is a giant, killer stuffed animal. Veigar is a lot trickier to play, his power in the later levels is exponentially dependent on how well you play in the early game. He has an AoE stun though which Annie doesn't, and can lay down some devastating damage in the late game with his passive, stacking AP.

I'd probably recommend Veigar or Annie over Vlad if you care more about Nuking than Survivability.