Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Champion Idea #2) Hue, The Gunsmith (Review me I will review you)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaveSpider

10-31-2012

Hey thanks I really appricate it and i will take all your ideas into consideration I will rewrite the lore and all and try to explain it alittle bit better

Quote:
Veral42:
almost out of time with power in a storm, so I'll be quick and brief

Passive: A bit confused on why you focus on the slow... something else would be better considering how slow stacking works in game

Q: Feels like it would make a lot more sense with a passive crit chance and another active... especially with... (Also, doesn't need a range if it's a trigger, rank 1 CD 40 seconds is to long)

W: This already gives a steroid, you don't need 2 of them. I feel like this is tristana's skill though... maybe a more unique effect or something could go here.

E: This doesn't make sense in a ranged kit at all... this really needs a total revamp and really feels like it was just added in to force another slow into the set.

R: Just more steroids we've seen before in the set already in better places. This really should get worked into an actual skill. It's repetitive and dull the way it is now.

Lore: A rifle with a dagger... really? I don't mean to sound mean... but that's simply a bayonet... and there's no motive... please flush this out a LOT more. It seems like the cliff notes to a rough sketch.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the harshness, hope you're able to get some advancement made on the champ. For reviews, I post links to all my champs here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1551043

Veral42

10-31-2012

Ok, we've been here before so I'll just hop right on into the champion.

Lore: Can still use plenty of polish. You have a lot of unnecessary words, tense disagreement, and wrong words (than/then, which/witch, etc). I'll leave that to you to continue to polish up.

Passive: I both like and dislike this ability. On some champions this would make sense for a carry. I'm not sure which of your skills can proc crits though. Basic attacks always can, you're Q is a steroid (I still GENERALLY argue for conformity of your Q being a damage spell, W being self-buffs/debuffs, E being utility or damage, and R being ultimate though) W is an AoE that won't proc crits, and while I could go on I think you get the point. Ashe already has a pretty crit happy passive so this isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's a solid choice I guess for a ranged carry. On a numbers tangent for a bit, 5 basic attacks is a LOT just for 10% crit stacks... maybe make it 3? And you can probably simply reword it to say "After {Param X} basic attacks Hue gains a bonus 10% critical chance (Max: 3 stacks), resetting after he lands a critical hit."

Q: Nice solid steroid... no issues with the damage... might scale down the crit a bit, or a lot. Maybe something like 4/8/12/16/20% critical chance. As a side note, if I'm understanding the skill correctly Hue's basic attacks deal bonus damage, correct? If that's the case, then the skill could maybe be worded something like: "For the next 10 seconds Hue's basic attacks deal an additional 10/15/20/25/30 physical damage...". Cooldown wise... maybe a bit harsh, maybe not. It's hard to say without testing, but I might have gone 24/21/18/15/12 since 30 for Rank 1 seems a BIT to high to be feasible.

W: Seems good to me, and it has good synergy with his Q. Just clean up the formatting. Assuming I'm understanding the burst radius correctly, is it 300 Unit, 150 Unit radius from Target?

E: I've tried reading this skill a few times now and maybe it's just me and maybe it's just because it's 2:30 in the morning... but I really think you need to polish the wording on this up and clearly explain the skill before I can review it with any accuracy.

R: Formatting issue, the text shouldn't be in parenthesis. The only information in parenthesis are scaling AD/AP numbers. Also, for wording a skill... don't be afraid to simply write everything out. Don't try to force all the information into one sentence. Take all of the space and time you need to clearly explain each skill. That being said, this could probably be broken up into a number of sentences in order to be clearer. If I am understanding correctly, however, it works as follows:
1. Hue channels for 6.5 seconds
2. Hue sends out 3 skillshot blasts in a straight line (unknown speed and width).
3. All enemies within a 150 Unit radius from the enemy struck (including the enemy struck) take 275/375/475 (+ 0.2 of all attack damage) assuming this is dealt as physical damage.
4. Repeat step 3 for 3 shots.
5. This skill has a 20% base chance of dealing a critical strike to it's primary target not effected by critical chance statistic, effected by passive.

Please let me know if this is a correct interpretation of how this skill is supposed to work.

T (???): Ok... I don't understand why there's another skill here... and I don't know why it looks like it was built as a steroid for an AD, Melee, Bruiser champion. Maybe on another champion, but the it seems like the skillset you've constructed revolves around ranged poke. That's fine, it's an AD Carry champion. This skill just doesn't seem to have a clear place. Maybe if you wanted to replace the "E" spell that's there (even though I don't understand it) with a utility spell, I think that would be the most fitting. Otherwise, you risk building a set that's to overwhelmingly focused on damage and lacks the standard survivability mechanic inherent in most champions. I might recommend some kind of gap closer, or simply a unique utility spell. I'm sure there are plenty of ideas for abilities that you have that would fit the role.

Stats: Base attack speed is a bit high, in my opinion, with .67 at level 1. Also of note, that's anywhere from double/triple the base armor of most champions that fill the same role and a TON of health for level 1. If I'm not mistaken, actually, Miss Fortune has the [current] highest starting health of all ranged AD carries with 435... Ezreal has 350, I think... think Ashe has 395... not gunna try for any more guesses, but I think all of those are only off +/- 5 points or so. You get the point. Health and Mana Regens are missing, as well as the per level scales for most stats and the final level 18 value. Overall, very solid job.

Evaluation: It's improved quite a fair amount so far. I hope that I'll be able to continue to return and find more updates and changes (drastic or subtle) to review!

~Might I suggest a change log listing the changes you've made as the champion evolves?

CaveSpider

11-09-2012

supah bump (new englanders for the win)

Kilar

11-10-2012

Lore: I like the idea of the lore but maybe work on making it more story like, something about it seems to lack the story element.

Passive: pretty normal passive not much to say

Q: again pretty basic ability I was hoping for something more, like instead of critcal strike maybe fires 2 rounds with every one shot for up to 5 seconds

W: This ability I like a lot explosive rounds is sweet! seems like good damage output and balanced.

E: This ability seems too much like graves ultimate, maybe think of another idea like some type of ability like buck shot where it blasts the enemy backwards a certain distance when used if they hit a wall then they become stunned.

R: it is an ok concept, but a 6.5 second channel iss wayyy too longg it would get interrupted way to easily by everyone and their mother, so reduce that cool down

Overall: I like the work and effort you put into this champion I hope you continue to work and improve on him, if you feel so inclined I will leave a link to my champion for the exchange review. but if not ill just tear up a little not full out cry. again nice idea continue to improve!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2500569

420Templar

Recruiter

11-10-2012

Passive: As it is now, you have an ability that after 5 abilities or attacks, you have a small chance to crit, and then you consume the stack. Alternatively, you could cast an additional 10 abilities and have a 30% chance to crit. Looking at the nature of the character, I would make it a flat 30% crit change increase to the next thing you do after 5 attacks or spell casts.

Q: Seems fine. However, I would swap this and his E, as the E seems like it would be a primary form of poke. Also, lower the duration by a lot, otherwise, you always have this up at level 9.

W: The AD Ratio is way too low. If I were you, I would increase it to, say .6 or .7 and increase the AoE so you can actually hit something.

E: I would word it as such: "On activation, if Hue has no stacks of Tri-Shot Barrage, add 1 stack per second for three seconds. If Hue does have stacks of Tri-Shot Barrage, instead remove a stack and Hue fires 3 projectiles in a cone, dealing x damage each." Also, better AD Ratios, .2 is nothing.

R: The channel is too long. Reduce it to 1.5 seconds. However, I feel as if the damage would be too high after that. Reduce the base damage to 125/175/225 (+.6) as it hits 3 times. Also, increase the AoE and make the cooldown 120/75/90 so it scales evenly.

If you don't mind, would you review my champion, Ven the Soulbound?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2781477

AwesomeBearTato

11-10-2012

cool i like its sorta to graves here is my champ so leave a reveiw

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2783176

CaveSpider

11-23-2012

bump

Gradunk

11-23-2012

I'm confused as to how the passive is supposed to stack.

Dead Eye is interesting. balanced and at rank 5 it's like a permanent buff as long as you have mana to spend. i like it.
Explosive rounds is cool. unique which is always good. The base damage is good, but the scaling sucks. As it stands it's a semi-decent ability early, but quite useless late.

Tri-shot Barrage doesn't have enough detail to make much sense. he charges for 3 seconds and it stacks 3 times. does this mean he has to charge it for 9 seconds to get 3 stacks? To me it seems this is his spam ability. every three seconds he gains a charge and he can use the charge to shoot the cone. is that correct? regardless again the scaling is super low. if i'm right the base damage is good considering it's that much of a spam.

6.5 second channel makes it rather useless. do you select a target or is it a skillshot?
you shoot 3 shots. that all do the same thing? lack of detail again... it's hard to tell what it's really supposed to do.

I'm not sure if you're new to this or not, but i'm gonna give you a few pointers. your base damages are good, and the buff values are good. when it comes to scaling, there's "total AD", "Bonus AD", and "AP" In general Total Ad scales are lower than Bonus Ad scales. bonus ad scales are often near 100% of bonus ad you have in game. your E scale should be around 90% bonus to make it viable late game. your W since it hits 3 times, should then scale at about .3 or .4 of bonus ad.
you're ults channel... the longest channel in the game right now is nunus ult (2.5 seconds) or maybe malzahar. 6.5 secs is rediculous. reduce the channel by more than half then the base damage is good, but the scaling is still super low. for total ad, since this is a channeled ability, i'd make it about 80-100% of total ad as well.

If you want some pointers on detail of abilities you can look at this guy.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1115352

CaveSpider

12-02-2012

Bump

CaveSpider

12-03-2012

bump