Suggestion to minimize queus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

I want the ability to say "I don't care if I'm playing draft or blind, just grab me a game". It would be the fastest way to get a game (so far), and would also lower the queue times of draft for the "draft only" people. Obviously, we would need the queue dodge penalty, or else it could still take too long if you hit a draft, but when I seriously don't care whether I'm playing draft or blind, I might as well have the ability to just prioritize getting a game rather than having to choose whether I want to put my queue in one with few people playing it at my level, or the one where there is an abundance of players.

I have nothing against draft mode except how long it can take for the queue to pop, so if this choice was implemented, I think there would be a lot more draft games because the dedicated draft players waiting in queue for 90 minutes could drag some players from the undecided queue instead of waiting 3 hours.

Possible cons: maybe have to change how matchmaker algorithm works (because I don't know exactly what it does), but I know some other games have something like this.

TL;DR
Allowing someone to say "I just want a game, and don't care what type" would really help lesser used queues to find games, and also globally reduce queue times.

Please bring your counterarguments, because as much as I love my solution, I would love for us to come up with the best way to get games and reduce queue times (because sitting in queue is boring) even if I'm completely wrong.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

07-25-2012

people would still end up in blind pick games long before 10 people are rounded up for a game of draft

wouldn't make a difference except at the elo extremes and even then it probably wouldn't do much

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

think of it this way though

currently if I choose blind I get put in the blind matchmaking pool of a certain size.

if I choose draft, I get put in the draft pool of a certain size.

If somehow I could get put in both, my potential pool of games goes up by a lot (even if we assume draft is small). Furthermore, the scenario where 1800 players have been in draft queue for 30 minutes so the game decides to chuck a 1300 premade against them would be less likely since it would rather pull suitable players from the combined queue.

Yes people would most likely end up in blind pick (which happens already), BUT draft would be helped a lot more.

iProbie

07-26-2012

looks good

I just wish we could solve this the better way (attract more dominion players)

ShawNuff

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
looks good

I just wish we could solve this the better way (attract more dominion players)
me too

This would technically help Summoner's Rift queues, but since they are already pretty short, I'm not sure how much Riot cares about it at the moment.