Tips for a TT newbie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingDedede16

07-24-2012

I sometimes like to play TT every now and then as a shorter game to play whilst waiting for a ride/etc, and don't have enough time for Summoner's Rift length games.

My previous 2 games(1 with Ryze and this latest one with Anivia), I did terrible. Luckily the Ryze one was won because my teammates were amazing, but this last game I just sucked hardcore, and even though we were all doing bad, I was the one being flamed for not helping and even threatened to be reported(even though I didn't do anything against the SC).

I'm a big SR player, and I love to play AP champs as they're my best. But when it comes to TT, I'm just getting stomped.

What are the better AP champs to play, and should they be built differently than how they are in SR? Any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated, I need them.

Zachyveng

07-24-2012

Basically you want tanky AP champs or AP champs that have amazing utility (from what I've seen). APs like Rumble (tanky) or Kennen (damage/utility). Also build kinda tanky hourglass, rylais etc. Going a glass cannon build on TT is much more risky than in SR because it's much easier to get to people in 3's and you just get blown up once they do get to you and then it's a 2v3.

trustmeimdoctor

07-24-2012

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just thought I'd mention that there is a section of the forum dedicated to TT. I'm kinda new to it (and LoL) myself, so I can't provide much for tips. I've been doing fairly well with Jax, though. I like having a character that can fight the jungle minions for some buffs, or a little extra gold, every once in a while.

WonderSwag

Recruiter

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeimdoctor View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just thought I'd mention that there is a section of the forum dedicated to TT. I'm kinda new to it (and LoL) myself, so I can't provide much for tips. I've been doing fairly well with Jax, though. I like having a character that can fight the jungle minions for some buffs, or a little extra gold, every once in a while.
^^ This is the TT section...

Koldheartedjsp

07-24-2012

get used to cloth+5 into madreds razors starts for jus about any non ap champ you play.

Insect Repellant

07-24-2012

Always start boots, Always. Mobility is so much more important in 3s than 5s.

Champs that can build tanky whilst still doing damage are great (e.g Rumble, Jax, Olaf and a lot more!)
A junglers nice, but if you don't have one, just get a champion like Udyr and clear out the jungle inbetween waves around the time you get your razor.
And ward ward ward, it's how you win games C:

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2012

I would say often yes boots are the best choice, like the poster above said, however if you do have a jungler it can be better to get cloth first to rush for madreds razor before boots so you can get an early dragon and have better jungle speed.

Trial By Pain

07-25-2012

I guess tanky APs are better when queueing alone, and squishiers are viable in premades. It always depends on your coordination with the team.

The Only Shaco

07-25-2012

play op champs like kog maw