Killing problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhDearVodka

07-24-2012

Hello. I was playing my first games, and i couldnt have a good performance, or a win. I was just trying to survive and protect a tower. But when i start a fight with a champion, i die ridiculously, even with hp+ items. and my attacks seem to have no effect, while the enemy's attacks hurt a lot. There is my question: How do I actually kill someone and survive after that?
How can I get that advantage against the other champion? I understand the mechanics but i cant actually make my champion stronger than the enemy. Thank you.

arcticnerd

07-24-2012

Let me go out on a limb and say you have never played one of these games before. Do you have any friends that play this game because that would be the easiest way to learn. Having someone play some game with you and explain what items to build when, what skills to take and what to watch out for is pretty important. If you are picking this up cold I would play through the tutorials and bot matches until you get a fair grasp of what is going on.

Lol has a steep learning curve and you are going to lose more game then you win for a while before you start to understand the in’s and out’s of the game play. I would watch videos of other people playing the champions you enjoy to help you understand how they are supposed to work.

Togekiss24

07-24-2012

It's hard to answer a question like this, because we need details. What champions are you trying to kill? If it's something like Warwick, for instance, you should never engage him alone unless you are ridiculously fed or you have a lot of CC to disable him. Try learning the capabilities of as many champions as you have time for (part of the reason why death recap exists), and determine whether the situation is right to go ahead and kill them.

As for the advantage issue, of course you can. Items exist so that you CAN get an advantage over your enemy team. In that sense, during early game focus on getting last hits so that you have more gold. Outfarming your enemy is actually way better than killing them, because you are getting the same amount, if not more money that you would earn from killing a single champion (15-17 last-hitted minions tend to equal to about one champion kill in terms of gold). Another thing, just a mistake I did when I first started playing the game, don't wait 'till your core items are available to spend your gold. Generall, if you have over 700 gold, you can buy stuff that is more useful than potions or wards. Take some time to study the item shop to see what items you should get to get an edge over your opponents.

OhDearVodka

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticnerd View Post
Let me go out on a limb and say you have never played one of these games before. Do you have any friends that play this game because that would be the easiest way to learn. Having someone play some game with you and explain what items to build when, what skills to take and what to watch out for is pretty important. If you are picking this up cold I would play through the tutorials and bot matches until you get a fair grasp of what is going on.

Lol has a steep learning curve and you are going to lose more game then you win for a while before you start to understand the inís and outís of the game play. I would watch videos of other people playing the champions you enjoy to help you understand how they are supposed to work.
thank you for answering my question.

yes, i have never play games like LoL before. Unfortunately i dont have any friends who play LoL. i played the tutorials, but bot matches i couldnt play because of my unstable internet (i only disconnect on bot matches, the reason i dont know). I like tankers, and i liked Volibear and Rammus, i think they can endure attacks and resolve my problem with 1x1s. So i will play to earn money and unlock Rammus, is this right?