Computer restart while playing League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chythe

07-24-2012

My computer had had a problem with restarting on its own after I installed a new "high-end" graphics card. I removed the graphics card and the problem seemed to be fixed. I assumed that it was a power issue, since the "high-end" graphics card required a minimum power supply of 400W to run.

Now that I have removed the graphics card, it seems that my computer is no longer restarting. Except when I'm playing LoL. It almost always seems to restart about 20-30 minutes into a game and has happened consistently. Is it still a power issue? I'm using my onboard graphics card.

Specs:
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB
System Type: 32- bit
I'm running Windows 7

When I go into my event log, I find that my computer noted a Critical error saying that I lost kernel power.

If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archparagon

07-24-2012

sounds like your power supply is dying. I had the same problem with SWTOR when my power supply started to die. I was gonna get a new graphics card anyway so I got a power supply that could handle it. A PS is usually under $100 and is a pretty easy fix. Just don't wait too long. I let mine keep having problems and then one day I saw smoke coming out the back of my computer. That was a bad idea. Luckily I didnt damage my mobo or anything.

EDIT: It could also be a heat issue.