Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Computer restart while playing League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chythe

07-24-2012

My computer had had a problem with restarting on its own after I installed a new "high-end" graphics card. I removed the graphics card and the problem seemed to be fixed. I assumed that it was a power issue, since the "high-end" graphics card required a minimum power supply of 400W to run.

Now that I have removed the graphics card, it seems that my computer is no longer restarting. Except when I'm playing LoL. It almost always seems to restart about 20-30 minutes into a game and has happened consistently. Is it still a power issue? I'm using my onboard graphics card.

Specs:
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB
System Type: 32- bit
I'm running Windows 7

When I go into my event log, I find that my computer noted a Critical error saying that I lost kernel power.

If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archparagon

07-24-2012

sounds like your power supply is dying. I had the same problem with SWTOR when my power supply started to die. I was gonna get a new graphics card anyway so I got a power supply that could handle it. A PS is usually under $100 and is a pretty easy fix. Just don't wait too long. I let mine keep having problems and then one day I saw smoke coming out the back of my computer. That was a bad idea. Luckily I didnt damage my mobo or anything.

EDIT: It could also be a heat issue.