Zyra, Rise of the Thorns, Now Available

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaroBaro

07-24-2012

I do not get how do her plants get their attack stats. I played two normal games with her with my friends and got me a quadrakill. First game I went 13/4/13 and second game was like 6/4/3 and they surrendered. I like.

Viva La Peaches

07-24-2012

Shes broken so much. does so much damage. is just dumb :/ worthless champ idea

Thetrenderbasher

07-24-2012

I can't login , it says "There was an error connecting with Maestro. League of legends will now exit. please try restarting the client" then i restarted my client and it still says it :/ anyone wanna help me?

AlbinoDruid

07-24-2012

Well, alright, I suppose this can be the first post of my LoL career.

She is definitely a fun idea... With the proper set-up (such as planting at least two seeds in the ground), she can do fairly great damage, but if the seeds are not set up, then her damage just falls off the charts. Despite a very good multi-target snare and slowing affect from some of her plants (or all of them with Rylai's, as her Thorn Spitters do proc the slow from spells), the snare's slow travel rate and easily predicted path make it difficult to lock down kills with her. She can be GREAT at securing ganks, but otherwise she has a pretty hard time of it. Her ult has a REALLY long delay before it knocks champions up, although the damage is thankfully applied right away. Good for a burst in team fights, but I've yet to see the knock-up really make a difference, as by the time the knock-up procs people are pretty much dead or out of the area. These seeds are also exceptionally easy to spot, detonate, etc. They function well as exceptionally limited wards, and may be very useful in spotting Baron or Dragon attempts, but I think they are too easily countered if, say, your opponent has a brain.

Because the seeds are really what make or break her character, I would consider giving them some sort of buff, be it that they become invisible or must be targeted to be destroyed.

I get the feeling that her AP ratios or perhaps the base damage of her Deadly Bloom and Grasping Roots may be a little low, but that is difficult to say. Again, with the right set up (and enough un-detonated seeds in the area of effect), all of the sudden her damage sky-rockets. But this makes her reliant on a pretty decent amount of set-up in order to achieve her full potential. An ideal team fight would allow her to plant seeds, Deadly Bloom on top of them into a Stranglethorns on the area followed by a swift snare, but team fights are quick and many may just be too fast to pull off a combination like that unless the tanks are down-right amazing.

I have the feeling that, once she hits level 2, she might make for an amazing jungler, but she seems like she'd be really vulnerable until she had unlocked both Deadly Bloom and Rampant Growth.

Of course, it is REALLY early in the evening (or feels that way) and so I shouldn't be judging her too harshly after a matter of hours! Overall, I am enjoying her, and I really want to play a game with her alongside Maokai for the greatest lane-combo ever! Thanks Riot for the new champion (would it have killed you to keep her as... soft... as she appeared in the art preview, though --_n)!

Meowlick

07-24-2012

This login screen is giving me goosebumps. I'll buy her, go to bed and wake up thinking its Christmas

VVL Ebah

07-24-2012

finally the plant support is here!
cause she cant mid for anything

ZombieCakes

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxl1 View Post
I find her model looking very similar to Shyv
Yeah, me too, just as ****ty (:

ZombieCakes

07-24-2012

So, Riot. You should let us choose which champion we want when we open up League! I was thinking of how much I don't want to look at the ****ty plant with boobs and came up with the idea, it'd be pretty cool if we could have our favorite champ when we start up the game or something like that!

Foul Playy

07-24-2012

Omg i worked my ass off to get her cant wait to play

Theocominos