Can someone explain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drýzzy

07-24-2012

I haven't been negative in anyway, I have played like I normally do, and I have followed the code, but I get banned for 2 weeks. The last time I was banned was months ago... what did I do wrong? This isn't a QQ thread, I just kinda want to know!

Argothes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

It is possible that the way you believe you're acting isn't the same way others view your actions.

Things that may seem appropriate to you and your group of friends, can easily seem very negative to another group, which could explain the reports. Once you've been reported as little as one time, Tribunal will decide if you're innocent or guilty.

I know nothing about you, but I would assume, wisely, that your humor was probably received the wrong way; this happens a lot.

Drýzzy

07-24-2012

I have barely said anything at all, usually all I say is "mia" and a few pings. I haven't fed intentionally and haven't been rude to anyone! I rarely duo queue, its usually just me :/

Argothes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSitDown View Post
I have barely said anything at all, usually all I say is "mia" and a few pings. I haven't fed intentionally and haven't been rude to anyone! I rarely duo queue, its usually just me :/
It is very possible that you've been reported for your name as well. There are a lot of people who find offense in even the slightest things, and there are those same people who participate in Tribunal.

Another possibility may be that you had a pending Tribunal case that only resumed activity recently, which could explain the simultaneous ban.

Drýzzy

07-24-2012

What is wrong with my name? Is there a way to change it? And if I get banned again what happens?

Archparagon

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argothes View Post
It is possible that the way you believe you're acting isn't the same way others view your actions.

Things that may seem appropriate to you and your group of friends, can easily seem very negative to another group, which could explain the reports. Once you've been reported as little as one time, Tribunal will decide if you're innocent or guilty.

I know nothing about you, but I would assume, wisely, that your humor was probably received the wrong way; this happens a lot.
Offensive Name on main account?

Also you can get banned if you leave games (unfortunately even if by accident if you get reported). What I do is try to keep my comments game oriented and not raging. Jokes and others comments may be viewed as offensive by others. You have to be careful what you say now days because everyone is suspected to be a troll. Unfortunately you will get reported for any perceived "troll-like" practices and the community is very unforgiving right now.

When you get off the ban be very careful about what you say and how you say it. If someone gets mad try to use detail and stay calm in your response. Chat is a huge tool the tribunal uses to tell if someone is innocent or guilty and it can be used for or against you. If your comments can be seen as negative then you'll be found guilty. Keep your cool and make chat work in your favor

Argothes

07-24-2012

Quote:
What is wrong with my name? Is there a way to change it? And if I get banned again what happens?
As I mentioned before, some people MAY find offense in it. I've seen a lot of people with even the slightest hint of anger in their name end up with a Tribunal case just because one ally didn't agree with them.

Not trying your 'best' in the eyes of others is also a possible reason to end up in the Tribunal. If the chat shows that you had no contact with your team and you were reported for assisting the enemy team, there is always a chance that the people reading the Tribunal will agree.

Drýzzy

07-24-2012

Thanks, and this is my main and only account. I have not left a game in over 4 months (the one I left my laptop battery died and I was unable to locate my charger). I don't recall saying anything that would offend anyone! I tend to stay quiet, except for fulfilling my duty of calling "mia". I don't know why I would be considered a troll. I play whatever role is needed without question, I rarely speak, and I try to encourage others... I just don't see why I would be reported for anything?

Archparagon

07-24-2012

Quote:
Two ways to change your name. 1) it gets report as offensive and you are forced to change(usually accompanied by a ban) 2) you pay RP to have it changed (I dont remember how much) If you get banned too often you will be permabanned which means your account will be locked down and, unless you can convince Lyte or Pendragon that the ban was unfair, then you wont be able to get it back. Thus Permaban-Permanent Ban

Drýzzy

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archparagon View Post
Two ways to change your name. 1) it gets report as offensive and you are forced to change(usually accompanied by a ban) 2) you pay RP to have it changed (I dont remember how much) If you get banned too often you will be permabanned which means your account will be locked down and, unless you can convince Lyte or Pendragon that the ban was unfair, then you wont be able to get it back. Thus Permaban-Permanent Ban
How many more bans before I get a permaban? I am currently banned for 2 weeks.