Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Champion for Beginners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guanoid

11-28-2012

Quote:
DeathDealer314:
Wait how does liking the page on facebook give you a new champion? Do you need to link the 2 accounts for that?

Im not sure about the linking accounts cos my fb lol and yt have the same email, but im pretty sure u get it immediately after subbing or liking :P

King Samauel XIV

12-29-2012

Quote:
CurryMonstaNACHO:
I need a new hero too. I started with master yi but i dont like him. When you go to attack, you always go in front of the enemy making it easier for u to be killed

well no sheet, hes melee. *facepalm*

Nightelf65

12-30-2012

Teemo. You can annoy all ad carries since at your level, they don't know how to counter him.

Denpaneko

01-19-2013

Like nightelf said use Teemo to start. If you like to use carry characters then eventually get Miss Fortune. She's my favourite character at the moment.

Kox

Recruiter

01-25-2013

well, i dont really have a best champ for beginners. i like teemo and garen.

xBoomeyx

02-08-2013

I completely agree with Vulcon that Ryze is a good beginner pick being ranged so gives your a little bit of distance between the opponent champion but that Pro is sometimes what can be it's downfall. It is a magic-type of ranged attack so you have to be very smart with your Item picks to make sure you are building AP and also his Maximum Mana is what stat is used to figure out the bonus's for almost, if not all, of Ryze's Abilities.

The other Con that I saw when I was using Ryze as a beginner, thus making more mistakes, with him being a Range, Magic AP based character he is extremely squishy in the beginning and the greediness that sets in to add to your mana pool is sometimes your downfall for this character early on.

But this is just my level 11 newb two cents so take it with a grain of salt...or sliver of mana.

TL;DR--> Ryze ultimately is a good pick early game due to being Ranged and easy to use...He is also very squishy until your certain build is completed

Im S0fa King

Recruiter

02-08-2013

So do threads ever get closed? This one's been necro'd so many times.

TorretDunker

03-15-2013

Some easy champions are
Garen
Brand
Cho'Gath
Lee Sin
Jarvan IV

Some champions that people say are easy but are actually quite hard
Annie
Allistar
Ashe
Master Yi
Teemo

It all depends on your preference though.

sleepykid1234567

03-15-2013

Quote:
HiMyNameIsAsian:
Hey, im new to league of legends and i am level 6. There are many champions and they are all so different! I have no idea what im even doing. I was wondering what the best champion for beginners is. Thanks guys!

Hi, well if u have about 4000 ip get karthus. Although karthus is supper weak, and most likely get own by most mid champs but he is supper funny. Think about the face of ur opponents when u use ur ult, oh almost forget wait until two or more opponents low in health then use ur ult for 100% satisfactory. Hope u have a good laugh.

Synfidie

03-15-2013

The first two champions I learned were Morgana and Orianna. I have a blast with these two..(i'm only level 14), but dear god, I have the worst time learning anyone new now. :/ I don't htink the "hard champion equals easy learning of other champs" works that well for me.