Elo hell rescue project

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjapanda

07-24-2012

[Disclaimer: this is not an Elo boosting project]

Hi guys,

I have been helping lower Elo people by dedicating some of my time with them, doing 1 v 1 laning practices, theory-crafts, running 5 v 5 community inhouse games, occasional duo queues etc. It has been very rewarding when you are able to help them, especially someone who just needed a few tips to surpass their bottleneck. We've had members climb 300-400 Elo in mere weeks after working with mentors! Contrary to popular belief, some people down in Elo hell are not all trolls/ragers, in fact, many of them are very nice and friendly! A lot of people stuck in Elo hell are simply looking for a helping hand, some advice, or a tutorial session. I am absolutely having a blast helping people out these days! However, I am only 1 person, and I am looking for more people to join me in this project! If you are interested, you can find me on RaidCall, just download it and register a free account. My username on RaidCall is: ninjapandaNA and the Group ID is: 4961622.

Community website: http://eloheaven.enjin.com/home

Why should I help these people in Elo hell?

75% of the players are below old bronze, and that's a big portion of the community! By helping them change their outlooks about being in a lower Elo bracket, you are reaching out to improve the attitude of a big portion of players!

They are in Elo hell because they belong there!
While this may be true, there are still players who were simply unlucky or messed up their placement matches. Think about it this way, if they deserve to stay down there, eventually they will fall back down. Your goal is not to carry them to whatever Elo. Your goal is to help them improve their gameplay, whether it is game sense or mechanics. You are simply reaching out and helping them because you are genuinely a nice person!

Sounds cool, I would like to help!
This is for you if you:

Enjoy helping others in need.
Are confident in some aspects of the game.
Believe you have something to offer and teach to lower Elo players.
Have Elo, not Ego.
Don't judge people by their Elo rating.
Want to achieve a sense of self-fulfillment by making someone else's day.

Steps to get started!
1. Go join the pvp.net chat room called "EloHeaven" (I had been doing it as a solo project)
2. Download and join our RaidCall group for voiced communication. Raidcall id: 4961622
3. Help people by playing some normal draft, theory-crafting, in-house games, 1v1 laning, duos, whichever way you prefer!

Reach out to those in Elo hell, you will be surprised at how rewarding it is!

Ultimately, I envision Raidcall being a place where you can find people to chat/game with, get voice communication in the games, and verbal personal help from our mentors.

If you're looking for help, or are willing to help others, this is the place for you!

Join us today! Improve or help others improve!

http://eloheaven.enjin.com/home

RaidCall: group id 4961622

ninjapanda

07-24-2012

Announcements:

We have a website now, so welcome to join us there: http://eloheaven.enjin.com

Some events happening within the community:

In-house games - learn by playing against people you can talk to after the game, most of the time with/against mentors. Discuss gameplay, item choices, decision making, etc after the game. A great learning experience.

Laning practices - lane against mentors who know their stuff, figure out why you're losing lane and how to fix it.

Community challenges! - expand your champion pool and knowledge by taking up the weekly challenge on the forums!

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Edit 4: I've actually discontinued this. I've hit plat on my main and The Dudyr is kind of a shadow to me now. Too many people ask to get carried and serve to be a liability in my games. For anyone who wants to get better at this game: Just keep playing. You will learn. If you would still like to learn from me join the chatroom "Platinum vs Silver" as I have been spending more of my time there teaching players who want to improve rather than just take a win and then de-friend me.

-------------------------

Edit: Why all the downvotes? I'm actually playing with people.

I'm level 30 now. Add "The Dudyr" in game if you want to play.

Edit2: Do not add me if you are 1300+. I'm getting quite a few requests of people who have fallen out of silver elo and want to get back up. I'll say this: no. If you get that high you are not in elo hell. I'm specifically helping people out that are in the sub-1100 area. Also a small shout-out to SysValtz for getting 1200+ after only a few games with him. He's learning a lot even without me.

Edit3: Sorry, I've been away for a while getting to gold on my main account. I'm back on my alt. account to help out others.

SeaOfMadness

07-24-2012

Should I join "ninjapanda" If I wanna be helped?.

By the way, I just don't wanna "be carried", I would appreciate if you or anyone could correct my mistakes in order to improve my playstile, just like a "mentor"

Thanks for doing this! !

ninjapanda

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalhrezem View Post
I have a smurf I'm trying to level up only level 25 at the moment

But as long as you are not a rager and willing to learn I would be willing to help others too.
Great ;> see you soon when your smurf hits 30?

Animalbus

07-24-2012

:O I want to be helped!

Cearhy

07-24-2012

Oh my god please help me. im stuck in 850~

Extron Zaleus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

I'm 94 elo

Our games are so far into elo hell that ranked games are literally speedruns of diablo 2.

ninjapanda

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfMadness View Post
Should I join "ninjapanda" If I wanna be helped?.

By the way, I just don't wanna "be carried", I would appreciate if you or anyone could correct my mistakes in order to improve my playstile, just like a "mentor"

Thanks for doing this! !
Yup, it's a strange name of a chat channel but that's the one we're going with for now! The whole point of this is sort of a mentor/ helping you learn and improve program!

ninjapanda

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extron Zaleus View Post
I'm 94 elo

Our games are so far into elo hell that ranked games are literally speedruns of diablo 2.
Serious? I definitely want to play with you to experience what it's like then ;]