Password Issue...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGiantYordle

07-24-2012

Alright then, so, OBVIOUSLY I can login to the website with my saved password. I just purchased RIOT points yesterday, the day before, and... well actually about once a week for two years now... all of the receipts go to my email. I submit a ticket and it goes to the correct email address... I request password recovery? Nothing. I get no email to recover my password, and as is fairly standard practice Support doesn't actually answer the ticket. So, what to do. Obviously my saved password, a password that hasn't changed in a very, very long time, still works, however it only works on the site, forums, and support site... not the game client. Hmmm?

Solaris17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-24-2012

so what did you try to rectify the problem yourself?

TheGiantYordle

07-24-2012

The only things you can do, Solaris. I checked my notebook (when you have as many logins to as many things as I do, and you never use the same password twice, you keep notes), I verified that I can login to every other aspect of PVP net and League... ONLY the client refuses to let me login. Also, it refuses to allow me to change my password, nor will it send me an email to change my password, despite the fact that the support ticket went to it, and I grabbed 5 bucks in RP to check and that receipt went to the correct email as well.

TheGiantYordle

07-24-2012

It... it sent them all to the email address I was using TWO FRIGGEN YEARS AGO AND CHANGED ABOUT A YEAR AGO. Good job, RIOT, good job. Thank god I keep old things locked down.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-24-2012

Hi Fell,

If you've already submitted a ticket you can check on the status of your request by logging in at http://support.leagueoflegends.com (note this login is separate from your website/client login)

If not, please make sure you submit a ticket here, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/a...s_requests/new

TheGiantYordle

07-24-2012

I did submit a ticket, Aregionius, but as support often did, they are taking more time to decide who's going to read it than it did for me to fix it myself... about a year ago I actually had to tear the client itself apart and re-compile it, while they were having issues with an update of flash, and had my own client fixed before they had most of the rest of the community up and running (it had affected over 70% of the community). Again, you guys need a QA department.