Thornmail MR equivalent.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dekorballord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

There are a lot more armor items than there are magic resist. This tends to make for high armor, no MR tanks at some Elo levels. Though you won't see in at a high-skill level game, people who play tanks just shoot for armor. I think a Magic Resist Thornmail would really even things out.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

No. No. No no no no no no no no no no no. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I have given exactly why not in so many threads, I refuse to do it any more. Use the search bar please.

Chill77

07-24-2012

A MR thornmail could hurt APCs a lot, but seems rather pointless in the same way thornmail is. No one gets thornmail. Carries don't get it because they'd rather buy more damage, or damage+other stat. Tanks/bruisers don't get because they want to have more reasons to be focused instead of carries, and there are better armor items out there.

Pitufito Dell

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekorballord View Post
There are a lot more armor items than there are magic resist. This tends to make for high armor, no MR tanks at some Elo levels. Though you won't see in at a high-skill level game, people who play tanks just shoot for armor. I think a Magic Resist Thornmail would really even things out.
I love how 8 ranked matches make you an expert.

R3dRain

07-24-2012

Some time it good to get it on tank and tanky dpser thornmail if it was so useless then why it in the game I can name two tank that use it shen, and Rammus both can use it well.

Chill77

07-24-2012

There's not even much point in getting it on Rammus or Shen, since Randuin's exists. Hell frozen heart is better, since both give more utility while also giving tank stats.

KyroRayne

07-24-2012

No

JustMyBassCannon

07-24-2012

Normal Thornmail is 2 things
-Cheap
-Anti-Lifesteal

Fantastic for 1v1 situations, or when you're focused by the AD carry.

ImIndustructible

07-25-2012

I find it nice that you guys hijacked a useless thread to argue about the viability of Thornmail.

Just remember that Thronmail is not only a tank item, it is Offense (it reflects damage) + Defense (it reduces damage) item.

Peligrad

07-25-2012

They do have a MR thornmail in dominion: Odyn's Veil

Ok so its an active, not a passive...but close enough.

With all the AoE in the game, you really couldn't do a MR thornmail.

If 3 or 4 of the people on a team got it and got into a mage's AoE, that mage would kill itself.

Pretty imba