Institute’s Comprehensive Library

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsktheCardmaster

07-24-2012

The local librarian/senior summoner Nancy Bootya will greet any individual who enters the Institute’s library. She would happy to direct those with inquires about where to find books of a certain topic to the proper row and shelf for the books they are seeking. She even deals with discipline in the library and those who suffered her wrath are sure not to make the same mistake. However the main reason she is here is to direct new guests to the proper section until they get a feel for the library. After all the knowledge the Institute has would overwhelm the average summoner with the shelves upon shelves of books containing all known knowledge. Besides the small groups of tables, the occasional chair, and the front desk., the room is filled with nothing but bookshelves and the books they are home to.

This is just the first floor, there is a second floor where more advanced magic and arts can be found. While not as intimidating as the level below the volume of knowledge is greater than what one would expect from the top library in their city-state. Usually non-magical topics are not found here, but rather those are in their proper sections on the first floor. A book one would find here is, "From Embers to Wildfires, How to Improve Your Basic Pyromancy Today."

In an adjacent room on the second floor is the restricted section, which only the head summoners and their close associates may enter. Some witness claim that within those doors lies knowledge that man is not suppose to know lest it fall into the wrong hand or corrupt those who read it. Others say what goes on behind those doors is better left to the unknown for perhaps knowledge that would swing the balance of power is left behind those locked and secured doors.

Welcome to the library whatever answers you seek lie somewhere in these shelves, the question is...are you diligent enough to search for it.

((Rules:

1. This is not a battleground nor is it a place to test out your spells or newly learned skills. I do not want to see two summoners fighting it out or some random person creating an inferno (Brand....) in the middle of the library.

2. Remember this is a library not a drama center, if you are going to have a soap opera the library is not the place to do it.

3. Not everyone can enter the restricted area. Not everyone is a close associate to the head summoners, perhaps I will randomly allow those who participate entry for a bit. You could try to sneak in, but I can see a certain curator and librarian not being too happy if they caught you.

4. No destroying the books or knowledge within the library. This is prohibited and any destruction will result in a fine that is 500% of what the book was worth.

5. Rules may be added at anytime just please be aware.

6. Talon this is not a gutter…please do not dump any bodies here.

Any rule breaking will result in Nancy Bootya's wrath.....this is NOT something you want!))

Thepichudude

07-24-2012

Pichu walks into the library and looks around immediatly going wide-eyed at all the shelves of books

"Uhhhh...got anything in here on green magic?"

Paltala

07-24-2012

Paltala strolls into the library, marvelling at the grandness of the entrance as he passes, standing in line behind the rather tall human, hoping to get the attention of the librarian quickly, wishing to find some information on the psychic world and hopefully understand his own powers better.

Thepichudude

07-24-2012

Pichu looks over his shoulder and notices Paltala

"So what're you here for?"

TeoLeif

07-24-2012

Teo shuffles into the library. He immediately is overwhelmed by the amount of books here, and wonders if he'll ever manage to find a book of songs.

AsktheCardmaster

07-24-2012

Nancy looked up from her book and saw the three people standing waiting for some sort of help, "Green magic is in row 27 fourth bookshelf from the left." Her eyes left Pichu and looked at the other two who had entered, "And what are you two looking for?"

TeoLeif

07-24-2012

Teo was a little startled by the voice. "Uh... d-do you have any books on music? Particularly magic songs?" he stutters, searching for the source of the voice.

Lord Omicron

07-24-2012

Omi enters building with much interest and the bent on learning a few from the books he used to check out on a daily basis. "Excuse me, but do you happen to have any books related to technology?" The yordle looks around to see if anybody spots the vampire, he dare didn't wish for a small panic to break out.

Jaykoboy

07-24-2012

((Hi guys, this is my friend, his name is Adolf Hitler...mind if I leave him in the library for a bit while I run an errand or two? JK!))

Jay walked in, put on his intelligence glasses (although he is nearsighted in his left eye) and immediately made his way to the information desk. "Uh, hi, where would the books on 'How to Pull off the Scrhoedinger's Cat Experiment' be?"

SorakaxWarwick

07-24-2012

((I love how one of your rules is directed at a single person.))