Champion help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Midnight3r

09-08-2010

Hello, i just started this game a couple days ago and i love it. Though i'm having some trouble on what champion to play as.

I'm very fond of doing burst damage and was thinking about a good ganking champion, perhaps with stealth? Though, im not really sure how effective the stealth is in this game so maybe not.

I tend to die a lot as of right now, so survivability is a must.
I prefer range, but if i get more burst damage in melee i can get better at that.
I've been looking at shaco, blitzcrank, and poppy but any other ideas would be nice.

Any information pertaining to the above qualifications would be awesome and with how to build them. Thanks

Im King Blake

09-08-2010

tristana use your 1st 2 level up stat pts on Q and then on your third use ur pt on E then play it out i usually go fro R next and get W later just my strat doesnt always work .. to be honest its not really the champ that makes or breaks the game its the items and farming can have somthing to do with it play a few practice games and try afew item builds and get good with 1 character and dont give up you will be alright ... Its Blake Just Trying To Help (:

ddaimyo

09-08-2010

Blitz is a great ganking hero but completely reliant on landing his skill shot grab. If you can get good at that then you'll do great. Poppy is a fairly solid tanky melee dps champion, but I think she gets overshadowed by Garen and Xin Zhao right now. They play a similar role and are stronger at the moment. Shaco is a good ganker as well. The main skill with him is picking your fights wisely. Knowing when you can stealth in and either win the fight for sure or be able to escape and reset.

You might also want to consider Akali. She has good burst, and while she is fairly squishy, her stealth ability can be used for juking if you can get the knack for it.

Midnight3r

09-08-2010

So after doing some reading, i was thinking about buying either shaco or kassadin. What are some of the pros and cons of each of them in terms of ganking and in general?

Louist

09-09-2010

I've only toyed a little with Shaco. He's not one of the easier champions to get into, with utility skills and a rather low HP. Decent for that low HP champ trying to run back to base, though.

Kassadin I've seen played really well, and really badly. I don't know what exactly that says about him, but there you go.

If you like ganking, Warwick does it well with Blood Scent for speed and spotting, Hungering Strike, though I train it last, is good for picking off that enemy just out of reach, and Infinite Duress is great for massive, sudden, DPS, which works great with EVERYTHING. ID + Lifesteal will keep you in fights a lot longer. ID + stacking damage/debuff items does wonders. ID + critical chance/damage buffs will see you pop heavy tanks. Just try to keep the blue buff on you as often as possible.

Cat Eyed Liar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2010

Akali is a fun burst champion with potentially the highest repeatable burst damage in game. She also carries an escape/defensive shroud that stealths, allowing you to juke enemies. Hilariously fun, just be careful because she is on the squishy side.

BraveryBeyond

09-09-2010

Well, you asked for it...

Akali- Solid champion. She is a little expensive at 3150 IP, but certainly worth every point. She's a hard carry, which means she's very reliant on items, but her mix of magic and physical damage is certainly very good at making a tank split his defenses. She also gets a boon for mixing her damage up from her passive, in the forms of spell vamp and magic damage on melee hits. Her harder concepts are using her stealth pool to juke properly and making sure to have enough essences when chasing down opponents for her ultimate.

Blitzcrank- This guy is all about the Rocket Grab. Not one of the easier champions to start with, but he'll certainly get you used to using skill shots. Remember to combine Rocket Grab with Power Fist and Static Field for truly deadly burst. However, he's very pricey at 6300 IP.

Dr. Mundo- This guy is just a barrel of laughs. Another skill shot dependant champion using Infected Cleaver, but like Blitzcrank you'll get a good handle on skill shots by using him. Best part is he can really spam that Q with it giving back 50% of the cost when it hits. Oh, did I forget to mention he runs off HP drain rather than mana? Fairly important, both in that you can get a VERY large pool to work with, as well as knowing when to stop throwing out skills and start running. Speaking of which, Sadism is really fun to use when you're low HP, as it regenerates a % of your maximum HP at the cost of 20% of your current HP. Overall, a very tanky DPS that just goes where he pleases and at 1350 IP, he's an extremely solid choice.

Garen- As far as the metagame goes for LoL right now, Garen is one of the best. His reliance on only cooldowns for his abilities makes him a rediculously good choice when laning. His passive grants him extra regeneration when not being hit, another useful ability to stay in the lane. His most solid aspect, however, is the natural damage progression of the majority of his moves. He barely scales off of anything and gets a naturally high damage from simply leveling up his skills, gold is better spent on buying tank items to beef up that HP bar. At 3150, his cost certainly reflects his utility in games.

Jax- Oh Jax. What can I say about him? Though considered weak in higher ELOs, for a beginner, Jax is fairly solid choice. Being a hard carry, his early game is weak but he can famr up to become one of the most powerful champions in the game tanks to his passive. It gives him extra HP everytime Jax buys items that give attack damage and ability power: two stats that any DPS will want. His hybrid damage with strong auto-attacks for physical and powerful abilities for magical gives him a fairly even spread with damage, much like Akali. And for only 3150 IP, he can be yours to go roll face in low ELO public games.

Kassadin- A VERY difficult champion to master, a good Kassadin will recieve much praise, but a bad one will be jeered for eternity. Though most poeple build him strictly as an AP mage character, some dare venture into the realm of AD. However, these players are often considered n00bs and will get laughed at. A lot. Kassadin, unfortunately, has an easier time building AP builds instead of meleeing people. At best, a hybrid damage type might be best, utilizing his strong armour reduction by using Nether Blade and Riftwalk to chase. At 3150, the cost is a bit steep for what he does, much like the learning curve you'll have to overcome.

Katarina- Much like Garen, her metagame is very strong right now because of her lack of dependance on an exhaustable source to use her abilities. Her mixture of great lane harassing with Bouncing Blades, excellent champion harassing with Shunpo and team fight utility with Death Lotus can rarely be rivaled by other champions. A solid choice and very much woth the 3150 IP price tag.

Master Yi- What can't be said about this guy? He has a very solid skill set, using alpha strike to farm up gold, Wuju Style to get extra damage, Meditation to keep himself in the lane and Highlander to chase down opponents for their precious gold and exp. The only issue is that, like all carries, he's very reliant on items to do well and a lot of teams focus and harass him because of that. Still, at 450 IP, it's no dent in your in game wallet if you want to try him out.

Olaf- Viking rage ahoy! This champion is a very solid choice for any player. Using mechanics like true damage and massive armour penetration. Olaf can rack up some serious damage against an enemy team. The fact that Vicious Strikes scales off not only your attack damage, but your total HP is great for bulking him up a bit for battle. Having a natural lifesteal and spell vamp is pretty sweet as well. At 3150 IP he's a tad expensive, but certainly worht it if you invest time into learning him.

Pantheon- Oh Pantheon. This is my guy, right here. A good poke harass tool in Spear Shot, a nice stun in Aegis of Zeonia and a global teleport with Grand Skyfall makes Pantheon something to be feared. His burst mechanic certainly gives a unique twist on the melee champion stereotype of prolonged DPS and he can drop a champion fairly quickly with enough AD items. I would have to say his playstyle requires practice, but once you get the hang of him, he's a solid choice. He might not be Garen, but your team will certainly appreciate a good Stanpar on their team. At 3150 IP, however, he might not be worth what he brings to the table, but certainly the unique quality of being a physical burst champions might tickle your fancy.

Poppy- Now, you don't hear too much about Poppy these days. Her damage output is great, using Heroic Charge to deal lots of damage and stun if the animation runs into terrain. Her Devestating Blow can be used to devestating effects with it's 8% of enemy's HP in damage mechanic, even if it does get capped easily at higher levels. Diplomatic Immunity is an instant tower dive, blocking all outside damage except for the source you've targeted. Overall, at 1350 IP cost, she's certainly one you can try out without much hassle of winning back that IP if you're not satisfied.

Shaco- The bane of many. His Decieve is horrid, his Jack in the Boxes frustrating, his Two-Shiv Poison aggrivating and his Hallucinate an absolute nightmare! That's exactly what your enemies will be thinking when you begin to learn how to deal with this circus freak of a murderer. Unfortunately, he does have a steep leanring curve and at 3150 IP, might not be the best starter champion. However, if you do decide on him, he'll stay strong right up into top ELO because of his excellent mechanics and balance.

Warwick- A great starting point for any summoner, Warwick is feared by all! His Hungering Strikes and Eternal Thirst passive both grant lifesteal, so you can be sure that Warwick is the best jungler for any level of play. His Hunter's Call is a great team buff, giving everyone around him extra attack speed and Warwick himself double what everyone else gets. Bloodscent is superb for chasing and can now be toggled so the giant pair of eyes won't give you away when you want to wait in a bush. Put on top of that his ultimate, Infinate Duress, is one of the best gank moves in the game, as well as adding another lifesteal ability, and you have yourself someone who lurks in the junlges, stacking buffs and ripping out champion's livers.

Xin Zhao- Very high in the metagame right now, Xin is a whirlwind of abilities. Three-Talon Strike and Audacious Charge are absolutely golden together, closing distance fast and providing extra damagae and a knock-up, which is currently of of two crowd controls in the game that cannot be reduced or canceled (the other being supression). Sneak in BAttlecry, which both gives a great attack speed buff when active and cooldown reduction on hit for all of his abilities, I'm not sure how he could get better. What that? Healing every three strikes and an ultimate that chops off 20% of any enemies around him. Well, for 3150 IP, who wouldn't want all that awesome!?

Whomever you choose, make sure to practice and I hope these little snippits help you decide.

P.S. Any champions I didn't mention are either not truly DPS champions, are poor at their job currently, or are rediculously difficult (I'm looking at you, Udyr)

AgentQ

09-10-2010

If your looking for burst id say your best bet is Akali. She is easily one of the best burst champs youl see and her burst is relatively repeatable and she can chase you to the ends of the earth more or less. She suffers slightly from squishyness but her damage is difficult to mitigate. Using flash and ghost for summoner spells gives her a great way to escape danger. Also until level 6 she lacks initation to deal her damage. once you get your ult your good to go.

Kassadin is also a VERY strong burst caster. He doesnt get the repeatablity of Akali but he hits hard and quickly when well farmed. Hes listed as a carry because with proper itemization he can litterally wreck anything in his path. He also has the best escape mechanism for survivablity with his ultimate.
On the bad side kassadin is also squishy and silence is a nightmare for him. He also really requires items to own but once he gets them he can wreck any dps or caster with his high nuke burst