New arguments please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ding Xun Li

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
Anything has a dark side as well. Hell, take soccer. I shouldn't have to finish that thought for you.
Ah, my friend, do you look towards soccer for morals? In my opinion, sales of the Bible should be regulated for the content - slavery, genocide, racism, and subjugation of women amongst others. There is also a disgusting movement to teach creationism in U.S. schools alongside evolution, which if it succeeds, will no doubt confuse generations of children to come, with complete misrepresentation of evolution in most popular theist arguments brainwashing children from young, before they can tell fact from fiction, with the belief that "mommy knows best", a belief so readily exploited by religious parents. This is just the tip of the iceberg - I could go on about the various forms of religious propaganda, the child abuse cases, how lightly the offenders got off, the darker side of religion, etc. Do you see my point now, my friend?

Hoactzin

09-12-2010

I stood outside in the rain once and dared God to hit me with lightning. God hit the tree I was standing by instead.

Therefore God exists.

xdzy

09-12-2010

I believe many Religions were started by extraterrestrial life coming down to earth.

See: Chariots of the Gods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF62mL1swGM

Almost every religion explain God to have come down from the clouds, riding a great stair case, or a mount/vehicle of some sort. My question was always, why a God needs a mount or a vehicle of any type to make him or herself visible to us.

I feel that the “Nazca Landing Strips” from a very Ancient civilization proves the theory to be correct.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4OrkQzfQY

I could explain this further but I couldn't to it the justice it deserves. Erich von Däniken says it best.

Ding Xun Li

09-12-2010

There are also other recurring themes in many religions - they're the result of the religious motifs of religions spreading and mixing - for more information go google "genesis bible enuma elish", of which greater men than myself have explained it.

Since there are recurring themes of dragons in many legends, does it mean that dragons are real?