New arguments please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrate

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
It makes people happy, establishes a perfectly valid moral code, as well as a code of beliefs that helps unify a large population towards a set of common goals.
The moral codes established by many religions are not valid. For example, most Bible religions have gone against certain parts, using the excuse that not everything is literal. This breaks the code. The Bible being translated is technically a sin.

Anyone who has ever gone a day without reading the bible, sinned.
Have you ever thought that you dont get paid enough...sinned
Have you ever trusted yourself....sin
Ever thought about ***....sin
Ever been angry...sin
Ever seen someone sin....sin
Ever watched tv....sin
Do you have a tatoo....sin
Have you ever sworn....sin
Ever feel proud...sin

The list goes on, there are literally hundreds of these.

My favourite

PREACHING WITH FABLES

Ohh the irony

Mogunz

09-10-2010

Banana's fit snug as hell in my hand. Thank you God.

Byronik

09-10-2010

Eph 6:11-17 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Ding Xun Li

09-10-2010

Isaiah 45:7 KJV:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Matthew 7:18 KJV:
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The religious trolls say hi from South-East Asia :-)

silpeamak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

The problem is that religion is based on faith and faith cannot be proved. And I'm throwing my two cents in for saying that evolution was never proved either. Only natural selection.

As for converting and that kind of stuff. I cannot make you believe nor can anyone else. What is possible would be someone telling you things in the hopes that you also believe but in the end, there is nothing absolute to prove or disprove religion.

Oh yea... side note: I have no idea where you stand but I myself am a Christian.

Ding Xun Li

09-11-2010

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...evolution.html
"Instant" Evolution Seen in Darwin's Finches, Study Says

umad bro?

Compare to what Christianity offers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelle...igence_Allowed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504 (Peanut Butter, the Atheist's Nightmare!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kag2yXDFoAU (Bananas, Proof of God!)
Argument from intelligent design (logical fallacy not explaining creator ad infinitum, instead claiming a lack of beginning)
Argument from irreducible complexity
Argument from impossible odds (Completely misrepresents evolution and natural selection)
Selectively using theist perception of natural law (and totally bungling up the definition of atheism while at it)
Claiming that atheism is a belief and requires as much faith in it as theism (epic lulz ensues)
Incorrect application of the Second Law of Thermodynamics to Evolution i.e. Argument of impossibility of order from chaos
St. Anhelm's Ontological Argument (this is win.)

Would you like me to continue?

P.S. Genesis is ripped off from Enuma Elish.

Austra

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
It makes people happy, establishes a perfectly valid moral code, as well as a code of beliefs that helps unify a large population towards a set of common goals.
Would be a good argument if religion didn't also: make people miserable, establish societies completely void of moral code, and codes of belief that can divide countries into seperate goals.

Ding Xun Li

09-11-2010

The Crusades, my friends, THE CRUSADES!

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSolax View Post
Would be a good argument if religion didn't also: make people miserable, establish societies completely void of moral code, and codes of belief that can divide countries into seperate goals.
Anything has a dark side as well. Hell, take soccer. I shouldn't have to finish that thought for you.

CodeOrange

09-11-2010

It depends on what side you are taking, and what religion you are arguing over.

My theory is called the "Does God speak to people like in the Bible? theory"

Try asking God for something.
If God replies, yes, he does.
If you hear your own voice in your head, maybe. I don't know or care.