AD Orianna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesin

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Fault View Post
*slow clap*
Let's say you play extremely passive and avoid confrontation at all costs. You won't be able to clear waves with Q+W as the game goes on and minions get stronger, whereas Graves or Sivir attempting to do the same can do so thanks to Buckshot and Boomerang Blade scaling quite well off AD. Sure you have great burst at 6 in tandem with most support picks, but when that gimmick wears off after laning phase, your opponents will have armor and magic resist; AD Ori won't deal enough physical or magic damage to overcome unless her enemy laners make multiple mistakes and she ends up ahead by a fair margin.

If you want an AD with burst, why not Sivir or Ezreal? If you want an AD with tankiness, why not Urgot or Graves? If you want an AD that dishes out magic damage, why not Kog'Maw? If you want hard CC to complement your autoattacks, why not get a better support player? AD Orianna isn't at all without merit, but most other picks for the ranged AD role are safer, bring more to the table with a full build and are much more consistent. Your team is losing too much both for the role and for Orianna herself to justify running her as AD.

EDIT: I don't mean to say you shouldn't play it, though! I went a month playing nothing but AD Lux with friends; if it's fun and your team is on board, then totally go for it. Unorthodox/suboptimal strategies should never be dismissed. There's no limit to experimentation in League at the moment. But, weighing the pros and cons of attack damage Orianna, if your goal is absolute effectiveness then there are better choices.
If you like the aesthetics? That said, you can add SOME AP into it and be able to clear minions pretty effectively.

Ruka Urushibara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

snowballa

10-28-2012

not viable

IS1f715232b540cb2fffcee

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesin View Post
If you like the aesthetics? That said, you can add SOME AP into it and be able to clear minions pretty effectively.
the dumbest and most unnecessary necro I have ever seen.

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

My friend built attack speed Orianna and it was actually not bad
You'd build AS/AP though

AWildRaticate

10-28-2012

I always run her AP/AS and it's awesome. Start with a Meki Pendant, then get Berserker's Greaves and rush a Malady. As soon as you get the Malady you will become extremely dangerous for a little while, then turn your pendant into Fiendish Codex into Nashor's. The rest of the build can go lots of different ways and still work. I've included both Frozen Mallet and Rylai's (one or both) from time to time and her CC is obscene, plus she gets a bit harder to kill. Hextech Gunblade and Rageblade both work really well with this, too.

Technician Tim

10-28-2012

her basic attacks already scale with ap, and ap ori melts people, so idk why you would play her AD for any reason other than the lulz on a bot game

Riyshn

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asamu View Post
an AS/AP ori with cdr would probably do ok.
AD Malz actually is viable though if you want to try an AP champion as AD. His voidlings scale with damage at at least a 1:1 it might be a bit more. It doesn't say or show that they do, but they do. He actually deals more damage than AP malz in the end game, but is weaker in the mid game. The early game is about the same.
They start at 1:1, but when they grow after 7 seconds it's 1:1.5, and then the AS buff when they frenzy... (And I might have the order of the buffs there backward. It's been a while since I played Malz.)

And Re: Smite. You realize its possible to get 3 voidlings out at once, right? 4 if youre willing to burn your ult and summoners for it.

Fargo79

10-28-2012

AD Lux can work as well... snare aoe laser combo works nice while u up her AS with items like malady and nashor.. then move into the heavier damage items like BT, PD, and IE... before u know it u r soloing Baron... like someone said before these work great in bot matches but are difficult in PVP matches.. and no dont try them in ranked unless its with a 5v5 ranked team...

danwilson

10-29-2012

I've carried a game with AD Ori before... It's much easier to play than AP Ori, because you're focused on autoattacks, not "where do I target my ball so it hits my running/dodging opponent..." You've still got the ball for scouting, speed/slow, armor/mres, and knockback, you just don't focus on using it for damage.

I think the ideal way to play Ori is AP for her passive and ability damage, but to do it properly requires a lot of skill, and you're neglecting a huge damage source if you ignore her passive enhanced autoattacks and play at range. The only AD item I've been using is a Frozen Mallet because it's superior for slowing compared to Rylais, which sets you up for hitting the slowed targets with your ball.