Riot releasing a new NA server ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lincoln Burrows

07-22-2012

A couple friends of mine are talking about rumors that Riot will release a new North America server in couple months and it's located in Miami.

It's awesome for me, any chance this is really true ?

Lincoln Burrows

07-22-2012

Please, I would love to have another server in here !

Cerubus

07-22-2012

I've heard that server is for the Brazilians, its just not located in Brazil.

Lincoln Burrows

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus5 View Post
I've heard that server is for the Brazilians, its just not located in Brazil.
Really ? But how come, Riot would really launch a Brazil server located here in Florida ? That's kinda weird, Why the Brazilians would leave the Na for the first place if their ping would not change ?

xXCFXx Avenger

07-22-2012

i think that because of all the QQ about non english speakers riot would tell us the second they knew for sure that there would be new servers. Therefore, i don't think that they have any plans set in stone.

LazermanDD

07-22-2012

The Miami server is supposed to be the Brazilian server for some reason, but I dont know why its not in Brazil.

NoneLikeRob

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger2142 View Post
i think that because of all the QQ about non english speakers riot would tell us the second they knew for sure that there would be new servers. Therefore, i don't think that they have any plans set in stone.
Not necessarily, it's just like with new champs, we don't know the second they think of them, nor even the second they decide to go through with it, we find out when they are absolutely sure it is going to go in. Take Zyra for example, they were saying they had the concept for her over a year ago, but they didn't let us know, it's just good business. You can't say "Oh, by the way, we are thinking of putting up a new server for brazilians.", get everyones hopes up, then later find out for some reason it has to be trashed then let everyone down. A new server would be awesome, and is a high probability since it would be good for not only english speakers, but portugese speakers as well giving us a comfortable place we can all communicate with people of our own language.

Shakuro

07-22-2012

What is really needed is an oceanic server...