Should Kage's Lucky Pick get a buff?

No, keep it the way it is. 44 66.67%
Yes, give it more AP. 11 16.67%
Yes, give it mana regen. 5 7.58%
Yes, give it CDR 5 7.58%
Yes, some other buff (explained in post) 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Buff Kage's Lucky Pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUnburned

07-22-2012

It's obvious that Riot has been nerfing GP5 items because they're a bit overused. Philo Stone and HoG were bought by nearly every tank, jungler, and support in game. After the recent nerfs, Kage's Lucky Pick has become a more attractive choice for supports (and even some solo mids) who benefit from the AP boost and building it into Morello's.

That said, especially with the recent support nerfs, I think Kage's should be made a better early-game investment.

Possible buffs:
More than 25 AP
Bonus mana regen
Bonus CDR (this is shared with both of the items it builds into, so it makes the most sense. Maybe 5%, which would be 1 less second on Soraka's heal cooldown for example)
Magic Penetration (this could be a possibility because it's rare for supports to build magic pen; alternatively, it could build into something else with Haunting Guise to give the magic pen)

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2012

Good as is. The AP and gp/10 are good enough as it directly influences damage output.

KevinDelMarr

07-22-2012

I could see slight mana regen, like +3/5sec, just because it builds into items with mana regen (the gp/10 item shouldn't have stats it's later items don't). Even then it's a AP boost with gold gen, shouldn't really be a crutch to all your problems

XCodes

07-22-2012

DFG does not have mana regen. DFG is a Needless with an active ability.

Kage's is fine where it's at. Aside from being in a good place in terms of cost-effectiveness as an early-game item, it's also the cheapest viable gp10 in the game (which means buying Philo -> Kage's -> HoG gives slightly more gold than Philo -> HoG -> Kage's).

Furthermore, with the recent nerf to HoG it's almost worthwhile to go with Kage's instead of HoG. Depends on which champ you pick (Soraka likes HoG still, but Janna might want the AP).

axesandspears

07-24-2012

Kage's lucky pick and avarice blade are fine. Philostone and HoG are being nerfed because they are somewhat too effective as gp10 items.

TheUnburned

07-29-2012

bump

Trazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

I think Moonflair Spellblade should build from Kage's. Might actually see that item get used.

Pyr0n1c

07-29-2012

Its good as it is but i wouldn't mind more CDR

KaiSong

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazz View Post
I think Moonflair Spellblade should build from Kage's. Might actually see that item get used.
Or, it can be the same as elesia's miracle, only bought because it can be immediately sold for more than what the pick wouldve sold for + recipe cost.

Akira Kid41

08-01-2012

Combined with gold tick runes, Kages Lucky Pick really lets support players build into a full ap carry build. It is great, I've even won ranked games before as support, ap Ezreal.