Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Carry a game"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

07-22-2012

What does it mean when someone says a champion can "carry a game"?

Maou

07-22-2012

I would assume that it means that champion is doing all the work for the team. Kills, turrets, etc. Probably got fed early game and just runs through kids.

TeknoWizard

07-22-2012

It means you are the main factor in winning, and generally are fairly fed. A good example of this would be those scary late game Vaynes you see every now and then. The ones that tear right through your team? That person would be considered to be "carrying".

Kedoren

07-22-2012

In the context in which you describe, I would broaden the definition on 'carry'. Although carry is a term typically used to describe high damage champs, in that context I would assume it could be any champion. I've had games where, imo, Blitzcrank has carried VERY hard. Helping the ad 'carry' get easy kills bottom lane, making 5v5's into 4v5's with awesome grabs, etc.

I've also seen top lane champs (bruisers, typically) such as Jax jump on the back lines (AD/AP carries and support) and totally take three people out of the fight while the rest of his team kills the other two. Now, I'm not saying Jax can and will solo 3 people, but if fed/farmed he can generally at least keep them busy while your team of 4 kills the other 2. In this situation, you have a team of 4 people with relatively high health going after the now-unprotected half-health carries.

So; like I said... in the context in which you describe, I would say any champion could "carry a game". Although, with the exception of some of the more tanky/cc support champs, I think supports have a more difficult time of this.

KeyboardFighterS

07-22-2012

lead the team to win, "Go, brother, stand with me =)"

Judas Priest

07-22-2012

Thanks guys!