A Light in the Desert (NasusxLux)

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyowyn

09-23-2012

((I made mah deadline! Here you go!))

Chapter 7: Infinite

How many grains of sand are there in the desert?

He watches Karma run and wonders what he has done wrong.

Do you know, Nasus?

Lux giggles and he rolls his shoulders, wincing as the motion pulls at the pinpricks in his arms. He is careful not to let the head of his staff touch her as he folds his hands around it.

Ah’ke,” he says, the words rumbling deep in his chest, and his staff is gone.

“Go?” she asks.

“It means return,” he growls, but his teeth flash briefly in a smile. She is charming. He looks up at the sky and sighs as the sun’s rays play on his face.

No one knows that, Keeper Toht.

“We should get back to the Institute,” he suggests diplomatically, before the friendly growl he intends to follow his words with freezes in his chest. He forgot about the Measured Tread! He, the Curator of the Sands, left a book to the ravages of the elements. And worse, it was sacred to Demacia—and Lux. Registana’s mercy, what would she think of him?

Unease curls in him as Lux cheerfully shoulders her baton. “Sounds good!” she chirps. “I think I’m due for a match right after noon.”

“It looks about that time,” he growls. Lux scrunches up her lips and he twitches, staring at them in fascination. Her whole face is pinched up. Her face is so mobile he worries she might have an injury before her skin relaxes back to its normal brows. One of the thin strips of fur above her eyes raises.

“Nasus?” she asks.

“Nothing,” he mutters hastily.

Are you certain?

He has to get back to the pond, retrieve the book, restore it with his powers, and put it back in the library. Preferably without Lux knowing anything about it. They start walking back to the Institute and he assumes his most quietly thoughtful expression even as he frantically schemes.

“So,” Lux says, “You’ve been here for awhile?”

“Months,” he says. Was it years? So many champions had come, now…the fox woman, the cold, cruel warrior of the moon, the lion huntsmaster. The last made him piercingly, painfully nostalgic for his homeworld. He had even emerged from his seclusion to greet him, cautiously friendly.

“How fares the Endless Empire?” he had asked, and Rengar had snarled, angry and suspicious, his claws scratching at the air, that he had no idea what Nasus was talking about, and that he should leave before Rengar took his head for his wall.

And, well, that was that.

There was no point…no place beyond the library he had wished to be, the creatures of this place so alien and frustrating that his hunger for knowledge lay subsumed by loneliness and despair. After a time his summons became less frequent as newer champions gained the spotlight, and he had been left to himself in the library.

She had changed it all—and it made him wonder why no one had ever greeted him before. The humans were not like his own kind. Perhaps it was the champions that had influenced him so—there were few of the truly good and virtuous among their ranks, and those avoided him. He was, after all, a monster in their eyes.

Lux’s tiny hand brushed the fur of his wrist and he looks down to see her face wrinkled with worry.

“Are you alright?” she asks, and suddenly he feels a great pity for her, for the black lines of the Measured Tread that had tormented her. She was a kind soul and she had no place here, among these people.

“I am better now,” he says. “Tell me of the champions that were in our match.”

She laughs and complies with delight.

They pass the clearing that contains the pond and Nasus cannot help but give it a panicked look. He does not dare stop, so he and Lux pass by without pause. The fox woman, draped in rich, rich blue like the midnight paint of the night sky, walks by them without a word, her strange eyes flickering over his face in a way that makes him deeply uncomfortable.

And she sees the look. He can tell. She twines one of her long tails around her hand and glances at him, and he looks at her stonily.

There is something about her…he would call her…appealing. Something in her face, or her scent, or her manner, draws him to her. He smell the magic around her, like dead, decaying flowers, and it puts him on his guard. Her attraction is false and repellent at its core, and he finds it easy to resist. On the battlefield…he has had the unpleasant experience of being afflicted by her charm, rendered speechless and helpless by his loneliness.

It brings a bad taste to his mouth and his look changes into a glare. She flinches and hurries past
“Ahri,” Lux says softly.

“She’s the last one on the enemy team, “ he growls. “You told me about Morgana, Sion, and Nocturne already.”

“They say she drinks souls,” Lux says. He looks down to see her fingers brushing his fur again. Her face is paler than it was before. He reaches over to pat her shoulder, wincing as his clumsy fingers brush her armor.

“Do not be afraid,” he says, and softly, in his own tongue and then in hers, “Nek’asha’mei, I am a protector from the unknown and my knowledge and the strength of my people will be your shield.”

Behind her head appears a tiny, winking light, which he swiftly wills out of existence. He had put no magic in the words but it is eager to come around her.

Her eyes soften as she looks at the ground. “That’s lovely,” she says. “What does it mean?”

“I—“ he growls, and a sudden sense of the mischievous overtakes him. “Figure it out, little sorceress.”

She laughs and her shining hair sweeps out from her in a cloud. “Very well. She’s not actually a bad person, just…scary, sometimes.”

“I see,” he says, with no truth whatsoever. They pass inside the garden gate and Lux’s face lights up at the sight of a slender man, skin the color of hot chocolate, with short black hair. His eyes hold a glitter of intelligence that makes Nasus pause to examine him more thoroughly.

“That’s Ilarin,” Lux whispers, and his ears twitch to hear her.

Lux pats his gauntlet and leaves his side to join the summoner. Nasus gives him a warning look that the human answers with a sly smile.

The two leave together and he sighs softly at the loss of his company. It does give him a chance to go back and search the gardens, however.

As he turns to leave (having first made sure they are out of sight), he nearly runs over Ahri, who curls her tails about herself protectively.

“Forgive me,” he says shortly, and makes to step around her. Quick as a snake, her hand flashes out to grip his wrist.

He bares his teeth at her and is about to wrench his arm away when she wordlessly presses a thoroughly wet and muddy book into his hand.

“What—“ he says, startled, and she smiles at him and vanishes into the crowd.

He stands there for a moment, thoroughly bemused, before he starts walking quickly towards the library, spells already running down his hands.

Yes, I’m certain.

That is good, Nasus. There are certain things that we were never meant to know.

kittytoast

09-23-2012

Waaah your story is really good! I was unsure of what to expect when I started but I really like the insight into Nasus's character :3 I wish I hadn't just read all of this in one sitting though =_= Need more!!

MasterPenguin3

09-23-2012

Really good story, I can't wait for more
(btw I'm the friend who plays Lux, Zilean, and Twisted Fate)

Eyowyn

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPenguin3 View Post
Really good story, I can't wait for more
(btw I'm the friend who plays Lux, Zilean, and Twisted Fate)
(( <3 ))

((Also thank you, kitty ))

MasterPenguin3

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyowyn View Post
(( <3 ))

((Also thank you, kitty ))
<3

GOTHMOR

09-23-2012

I need more d:

W4ddleBuff

09-23-2012

This was surprisingly amazing.

Looking forward to more, and you should definitely post this on FF.net.

Also, thanks to you, I am now intent on writing an Ahri and Nasus lemon. >.> Look at what your impeccable writing has done to me. If I do write one, I'd like to ask permission to make it tie in to this story. :3 If you don't want me to do such a horrid thing, that's fine.

Anyway, good luck with your writing.

Excelsior!

Eyowyn

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4ddleBuff View Post
This was surprisingly amazing.

Looking forward to more, and you should definitely post this on FF.net.

Also, thanks to you, I am now intent on writing an Ahri and Nasus lemon. >.> Look at what your impeccable writing has done to me. If I do write one, I'd like to ask permission to make it tie in to this story. :3 If you don't want me to do such a horrid thing, that's fine.

Anyway, good luck with your writing.

Excelsior!
((
Thank you so much, as well. I'm glad I'm letting people see what a great champion Nasus is. I know I can always play him when I want to have a satisfying game. I fully support more Nasus fics!

I am really excited this afternoon to see about getting A Light' up on FF .net!

My oh my, Ahri and Nasus lemon? My story's never going to go that far...I'm trying to make it as slow and gradual as humanly possibly. In fact, so far, there's actually 3 possible pairings I could branch off in to: NasusxAhri, NasusxKarma, and NasusxLux.

Karma really snuck up on me there in Chapter 6...it's surprising how well they could work together with the set up I made. I'd like a little more information on exactly how such a tie in would work before I give you the green light, but it sounds great...and immensely flattering

Keep in mind of course, that his relationships with them will continue evolving throughout the chapters. I'm really just writing this as I go, but I'm especially intrigued by a NasusxKarma romance/friendship. I may decide to create a split in the story for a Karma universe and a Nasus universe. We shall seeeee!

And, since this is really just turning into a long OOC post, let's keep going! Keep an eye out for these characters (the ones that are bolded are most likely to show up)...

Characters I own:
Nasus
Ahri
Malzahar
Orianna

Evelynn
Udyr
Soraka

Janna
Ashe
Sivir
LeBlanc

Characters my friend owns (I'ma edit this tonight after I get him to tell me exactly who):
Lux
Twisted Fate
Zilean

Lee Sin
Volibear
Ryze
Teemo
Kayle
Master Yi

Characters requested:
Rengar (I threw in a reference to him in Ch. 7 for you Vendorz )
Wukong

And that's the end of my very, very long OOC post. Thank you all so much for your comments--it really brightens up my day

))

Kenson

09-24-2012

Need to start reading the Fanfic forums again...

But Chapter 7 was good- I still think that one with Karma is the best action scene I may have seen outside of Miao's Yi and Ahri epics.

Why does no one ever include Poppy as a character? Well, other than that awesomesauce Galio story.

W4ddleBuff

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyowyn View Post
((
Thank you so much, as well. I'm glad I'm letting people see what a great champion Nasus is. I know I can always play him when I want to have a satisfying game. I fully support more Nasus fics!

I am really excited this afternoon to see about getting A Light' up on FF .net!

My oh my, Ahri and Nasus lemon? My story's never going to go that far...I'm trying to make it as slow and gradual as humanly possibly. In fact, so far, there's actually 3 possible pairings I could branch off in to: NasusxAhri, NasusxKarma, and NasusxLux.

Karma really snuck up on me there in Chapter 6...it's surprising how well they could work together with the set up I made. I'd like a little more information on exactly how such a tie in would work before I give you the green light, but it sounds great...and immensely flattering

))
Yay. Can't wait to fave your story on the FF.net website.

^^ Every chapter I read from this story, my heart sort of dips whenever you mention that 'fox woman' (I have a well-known obsession with the nine-tailed fox). Ahri and Nasus really seems like an intriguing pairing for me, and a lemon between them is something I've been wanting to write for quite a while; your story has only further encouraged me to do it.

And considering your story, I'd love for a KarmaxNasus story. I think they'd make a great pairing romance-wise whereas AhrixNasus would make a great pairing *ahem* ***-wise. As for the tie-in, I'm still thinking as to how to do it right now. I'd love to discuss with you about the lemon on Personal Messaging on FF.net, since I don't want to clog up this thread with my um...plotting.

No need to be flattered. You deserve all this praise. :3

Excelsior!

12345678 ... 11