ELO Hell: A Survival Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colred

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzter View Post
wait new players start with 1200? i thought its 1000? no wonder i see actual good players on 1250 elo and they say its low
wtf
Yep. 1250 is above average. But it's still low comparatively.

Quote:
yes im unranked, i dont go to ranked games for these factors
1. possible technical difficulties
2. i dont feel skilled enough to go there
3. i cant see how to play a ranked game without muting my entire team
4. i hate this meta when im forced to play as a support, i prefer meele fighters/assasins or ap mids, no saying im bad as a support, but its the LEAST fun role in this stupid meta, and gold per 5 items is whats keeping it alive
Hey, play the game however you like. And if you want to experiment or do things differently, unranked games are definitely the way to go. People may still get mad at you, but that's why there are unranked games - for fun. If you do decide to try out ranked in the future, though, you're going to have to get over your distaste for playing support. Everyone needs to play support in Solo Queue some of the time.

ocnus

07-23-2012

It's a nice guide, I just feel you're presuming elo exactly reflects one's skill level.

Falling Objects

07-23-2012

Honestly, the hardest part is getting above 1400. Once you're above 1400, and you belong there, it's very hard to drop back below it due to the number of actually legitimately good or half decent players. You WILL get trolls still, don't get me wrong, but you actually get people who know what they're doing.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2012

Good guide, free bump ,

HyuugaLord

07-23-2012

You can't carry an entire team 1v5 no matter how good you are. If you end up winning the game, for sure someone on your team is helping you out.

Zakkair

07-23-2012

bump.

And 1 person does have the ability to carry 4 team members (the jungler). Of course, you can also have a roaming mid to punish those who don't ward. Also, global ults like mantheon and TF.

Elo hell, I believe, exists in every elo. In fact, for most of my friends, 1500-1700 is the hardest to get out because it is always a ROFLWTFPUBSTOMP for 1 side of the team. 80% of games don't last past 30 min.

JiggedyJam

07-23-2012

nice thats good.

HyuugaLord

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakkair View Post
bump.

And 1 person does have the ability to carry 4 team members (the jungler). Of course, you can also have a roaming mid to punish those who don't ward. Also, global ults like mantheon and TF.

Elo hell, I believe, exists in every elo. In fact, for most of my friends, 1500-1700 is the hardest to get out because it is always a ROFLWTFPUBSTOMP for 1 side of the team. 80% of games don't last past 30 min.
Try carrying your game as jungler when all 3 lanes are getting destroyed. 5 minutes into the game. Good luck...

FaerellG

07-23-2012

Congrats, you have created a definition of Elo Hell that I can respect.

KawaiiPrince

07-23-2012

"God ****ing dammit I only play one role and I'm stuck in ELO hell."

I'm gonna make an alt because I started playing ranked too early and now I'm 900 elo.